Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Search Strings - Thismonth/DaysAgo

Hi:

I've looked through the documentation, can someone tell me if there is a thisweek search string or if there is a way to get a search to only give results in the date field based on tracks added to the library in the last week? I've tried date:<=7daysago but it gives me more than the last week.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Sure you don't want date:>7daysago or date:>=7daysago

My testing shows those do work..
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi:

I've looked through the documentation, can someone tell me if there is a thisweek search string or if there is a way to get a search to only give results in the date field based on tracks added to the library in the last week? I've tried date:<=7daysago but it gives me more than the last week.
last_modified:>=7daysago
This one got me also:

The count STARTS at 7 (-7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 Today) , But they are negative numbers

Note the field_name i used , this field gets set EVERY metadata Modification for the book. date can (normally) remain static (usually the record creation date. I have many 'empty book' place holders that take forever to fill... if ever. The date is when I made the entry, not added the format )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Sure you don't want date:>7daysago or date:>=7daysago

My testing shows those do work..
I tried them both but the same thing happened here, except I got results that spanned in the future as well. Yes, I have some from the future because I have books that have not been released yet in my db. This used to work but I am not sure when it stopped working because I do not use this one on a regular basis, just when I am specifically looking for something.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try
Code:
date:<today and date:>7daysago
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Try
Code:
date:<today and date:>7daysago
Great minds think alike, this is what I came up with: date:<=-14daysago and date:>=7daysago. I used this because I wanted the week before and the upcoming week.

Thanks guys for helping me and pointing me in the right direction.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
last_modified:>=7daysago
This one got me also:

The count STARTS at 7 (-7 -6 -5 -4 -3 -2 -1 Today) , But they are negative numbers

Note the field_name i used , this field gets set EVERY metadata Modification for the book. date can (normally) remain static (usually the record creation date. I have many 'empty book' place holders that take forever to fill... if ever. The date is when I made the entry, not added the format )
I am using the date field because this is a part of my Added group of searches. I think I will use your id to create some modified searches.

Like I need more, I already have 134 saved searches.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I am using the date field because this is a part of my Added group of searches. I think I will use your id to create some modified searches.

Like I need more, I already have 134 saved searches.
134 I may have 20

My saved searches provide the basic ground work (as filters) for regular searches.
ex. the 7 daysago used as a filter,
now I can use #edited:false (my field to a date I fine-tune my way edit) in the search bar. Presto only books in the last 7 days that need my gentle touch
I don't need every search stored, just the tricky/complex parts that I mess up the first times
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
134 I may have 20

My saved searches provide the basic ground work (as filters) for regular searches.
ex. the 7 daysago used as a filter,
now I can use #edited:false (my field to a date I fine-tune my way edit) in the search bar. Presto only books in the last 7 days that need my gentle touch
I don't need every search stored, just the tricky/complex parts that I mess up the first times

I do not use filters too often. I use my saved searches for editing and statistical type data. Several of them are not used on a regular basis, but I have about 27 that I use daily if not weekly.