Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #1
bradstone
bradstone began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
factory reset not helping

I love my kobo, I used to hammer it, infact, untill I got one, I didn't realise that I actually do love to read (I just didn't like reading fiction)

anyway, my kobo has stopped working properly, i turn it on, and it has a splash screen, and the loading bars come up, but that's it, after that it just freezes.

I tried factory resets, and charging it but all it ever did was run to the load screen, and stay there.

now however, when I put it on to power, the screen constantly just flashes black and off and the power light flashes too.

any ideas?

I've had it for a while, I reckon the warranty would be void, not that it matters, the bookstore chain I bought it from are closed down...
bradstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
What Kobo do you have? The original Kobo, the Wifi Kobo or the Touch?
How long is a while? The Kobos have a 12 month warranty from Kobo so even though the chain you purchased it from (Borders maybe?) has closed down Kobo is still there.

Have you contacted Kobo?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Try leaving it plugged in to charge for few hours.

And DO try getting in touch with Kobo via official routes (ie http://kobo.zendesk.com/home )
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
mfowler413
mfowler413 doesn't littermfowler413 doesn't litter

Device: BeBook Neo, Kindle 3, Kobo Original
See if this helps. I had to reinstall the software. Kobo was no help!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145688
mfowler413 is offline   Reply With Quote