Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 07-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
A quick question.

Firstly, a big thank you to the creator of this extension. It allows me to quickly check out the formatting of an EPUB file before choosing whether to add it to Calibre and thus my Sony reader also.

I just want to know whether this extension makes any changes to the EPUB file itself. Does it alter the metadata, or formatting? I don't think it does, but I just want to be 100% before adding things to my library within the extension to transfer across to Calibre at a later time.
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Great that you like EPUBReader !

EPUBReader doesn't change the original downloaded ePub file, all formatting changes are done on the fly via CSS. If you make a copy via the button with the disk symbol, you get a 1:1 copy of the original file.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
Arrghus
Zealot
Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Arrghus , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle PW2; Nexus 5X
Thank you very much for your response. Great to hear that all the processing is done on the fly!

I use EPUBReader as my preferred 'application' to read e-books on my computer, as it is much, much quicker than booting up Calibre and using the in-built viewer. EPUBReader also displays the content in a better way to my eyes too (lots of e-books have strange line spacing in Calibre).

One final question: can anybody direct me to a guide detailing how to browse my Calibre library in EPUBReader? I'm sure I read somewhere it can be done. (I'm knew to the world of e-books!)
Arrghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrghus View Post
One final question: can anybody direct me to a guide detailing how to browse my Calibre library in EPUBReader? I'm sure I read somewhere it can be done. (I'm knew to the world of e-books!)
You can access your Calibre library via OPDS if you enter the OPDS URL in the EPUBReader preferences, miscellaneous tab (http://www.epubread.com/en/manual.php#preferences)
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #5
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Thanks for this Mike.

I have only just discovered your Add-On, it will make life a lot easier for me from now on.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert