Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old Today, 02:43 PM   #1
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Pandora and other radio apps.

I thought I would start this thread to see how many people use radio apps and for any questions or comments related to them.

I like Pandora.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 03:57 PM   #2
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Mini 2, iPhone 6+, Voyage, Fire TV, Echo and Dot
I like Pandora Plus a lot. I have the $4.99 Plus plan. The custom radio station idea is very good for my listening preferences.

Pandora Free is okay, but somewhat limited in station customizations. There are commercials, but they are short (about 15 seconds in length) and you only get one commercial for every 5 or 6 songs.

I cannot get Amazon Unlimited Music Individual plan to play on my Echo or Dot, but it works on my iPad, iPhone, and FireTV. No play equals me saying "no pay", so I cancelled it before the trial expired. Even Amazon CS couldn't figure out how to make it work on my Echo or Dot.

Amazon Prime Music is okay, but it doesn't offer much and it repeats songs and artists way too often.

Last edited by jswinden; Today at 04:00 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:18 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I don't like streaming services. I prefer to "own" my music and listen on MP3 players. I find new music from a variety of sources, including the radio programs Echoes (nationally syndicated) and Stars End (WXPN, simulcast over the internet but not available as a recorded podcast, to the best of my knowledge). I listen a lot at my computer, usually on Youtube or from my local collection on my hard drive.

I also pick up "used" CDs and LPs at local thrift shops. I have some software to digitize and restore music from LPs. They usually go for less than a dollar an album.

And, finally, I have found a lot of good music, free for non-commercial use, at netlabels like Kahvi and Jamendo.

Last edited by cromag; Today at 07:21 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote