Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
kingjf
Edge User

Smile audio books on Pocket Edge

Can anyone tell me if it is possible, and if yes, how to downlaod and listen to audion books on the edge? Also, some site suggestions to find the books would be great...

Old 12-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

One source is your local public library. You can read http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...Public-Library for info (it talks mostly about ebooks, but Overdrive also gives you access to audio books).

If an audio book is in MP3 format, you can possibly just open it from the website. Otherwise, download it or transfer it to your eDGe, then use the Storage app to locate the file and tap it to have it start playing.

I'm not familiar with audio books, so if there's more to it than a simple MP3 file, then perhaps someone else will be able to offer help.

Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #3
skapsal
Edge User

I use audible. They have an android app and it works well now that they are past version 1.0.

Old 12-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #4
zed
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
One source is your local public library. You can read http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...Public-Library for info (it talks mostly about ebooks, but Overdrive also gives you access to audio books).

If an audio book is in MP3 format, you can possibly just open it from the website. Otherwise, download it or transfer it to your eDGe, then use the Storage app to locate the file and tap it to have it start playing.

I'm not familiar with audio books, so if there's more to it than a simple MP3 file, then perhaps someone else will be able to offer help.
Actually, there is a difference with just using mp3 and something like audible format. Audible will remember the last place you left off, while mp3 usually doesn't. I don't know about the Edge mp3 player, maybe it does.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
borisb
Edge User

I also wondered about DRM protection on audio books...

Advert