Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
sjarrel
Edge User

Native browser problem.

The last couple of days the native browser is closing by itself. Sometimes on the first page, sometimes only on a subpage. Mostly on a dutch newspage "nu.nl", but never on "entourageedge.com", until now.
I now get the message "400 Bad Request nginx/0.7.64".
Dolphin has no problems.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

I saw the same problem with the entourage site using the edge browser over the weekend. I figured maybe Boris's 1,000th post had crashed the content management software.

Later, when using a PC the site was working properly. Haven't checked again on the edge. Will check again tonight.

Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #3
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Try clearing the Cache/cookies on the native browser, and/or resetting the browser to defaults. Browsers do strange things when the old & new collide
I did everything you advised. It did not work at first, but after ejecting the battery and a restart: all is well.
Thanks again and don't even think about retirement.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #4
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Gee, I thought reboot-to-fix-anything was purely a Windows thing... :P
That WOULD be weird. My edge was doing the same thing when last used online. We'll see how it behaves online at home tonght.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User

Update: tried again. It is broken.

Online at home on the edge. Initial attempts to get to the entourage forum pages results in the error page reported by the earlier poster.

However, I was able to clear the issue by deleting the cache and cookies. The browser is working fine now and I didn't need to pull the battery.

Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 AM   #6
sjarrel
Edge User

The native browser stops itself again and again. Clearing cache and cookies does not help anymore.
Do I need the old C. Chaplin Modern Times-method

Old 08-23-2010, 03:34 AM   #7
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
The last couple of days the native browser is closing by itself. Sometimes on the first page, sometimes only on a subpage. Mostly on a dutch newspage "nu.nl", but never on "entourageedge.com", until now.
I now get the message "400 Bad Request nginx/0.7.64".
Dolphin has no problems.
The problem is back again, but now not with the dutch site, but only with 'entourageedge.com'.
Again the message '400 Bad Request nginx/0.7.64'.
The good side is that the eDGe suprises me every day!!
Not always the way I like it though. So I really hope that EE will present the update that will fix things.