Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
janvangastel
Edge User

pdf files and spreadsheet

I am thinking about buying an Entourage Edge, but some things are not clear to me. T have 3 questions for now:
1. Is there an excel kind of spreadsheet present?
2. When reading a pdf file of, say 20 pages on the E ink screen. When I am reading page 18 and I want to look at something I remember is on page 4, can I go to page 4 immidiately, or do I have to page through al pages in between?
3. I want to use the Edge for astronomy purposes (reading star charts in the dark with a very faint red light only), so at night I intent to use only the E ink part, because it has to stay very dark. What I want to know is, if it is possible to turn all lights off.

Jan.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Snepscheut
Edge User

Hello Jan,

Welcome to the forum.

Some answers to your questions:
1) Yes documents to go gives you word sheet slideshow and pdf, and the eDGe comes with full program.
2) Yes you can jump to any page while reading a pdf on e ink.
3) Yes again, but remember e ink needs external light to read from it, I don't know if red light will do

Waar woon je? Misschien is uitproberen een optie. (where do you live? Maybe trying is an option.)

Jos

Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
janvangastel
Edge User

Hi Jos,
Thanks for your answers. I live in Huizen, that's close to Hilversum.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
Snepscheut
Edge User

Jan,

I live in Zwijndrecht near Rotterdam, maybe there is someone closer to you. But your welcome to meet and greet the eDGe, and have a user experience.

If so send me a PM,

Jos

Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
nprnncbl
Edge User

You can turn off the LCD, but I'm not sure how to turn off the LEDs in the trackball or power switch.

Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 02:39 AM   #6
janvangastel
Edge User

Thanks for all the answers. I am going on vacation very soon and I will try to get an Edge before I go.