Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-02-2017, 11:54 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
I'm Back!!!!

Hi again all. Sorry I've been gone so long, but I've been spending the past 3 years taking care of my mom full time, so it hasn't allowed for much if any time to write. However, since her passing at the end of April I'm slowly getting back into writing by going back to some of my old novels and greatly upgrading and improving them using what I've learned the past 3 years. Most of it's just leisure and therapeutic writing right now, mostly concentrating on just doing rewrites on existing books I've already released. But nothing new overall. IE, I'm just writing for myself for the release and enjoyment it brings for the time being as it's very soothing to do so. Anyhow, I just wanted to say I was back. I missed you guys, but taking care of a mom with dementia, cancer and diabetes is a full time job and then some. Wow. Anyhow, I hope to get back to at least somewhat regular posting again, although I can't guarantee that. Things involving mom's passing are still too fresh around here. So I'm gonna take it one step at a time.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:30 AM   #2
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: Orig Droid, Kindle KB-3G, Archos 43, Samsung S3, Chromebook, FIRE
My man you are a blessing. Truly a blessing.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony650
Sounds like you've had a pretty tough time of it, Steve - but welcome back. We have missed you in the Writers' Corner (in particular).
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #4
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Searching ...
My sincere condolences.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:49 PM   #5
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys. I'm glad to be back. Still trying to get back into the groove of things. I figured I'd bounce back faster than I am after mom was gone. So far that's proving to not be the case. I guess it was a lot harder for me than I realized at the time. Probably because I went into automatic mode just to survive. o_0;;
Old 06-08-2017, 11:58 PM   #6
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hi back. I'm Cin. Nice to me you.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #7
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Hi Cin!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:14 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
My sympathies on your loss Steven. My mom has (lung) cancer and I have diabetes so I get how things can get busy. My fiance's mom has dementia as well. Her one sister has her hands full with seeing to their mom (in care) and taking care of two little ones. It's a busy world.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #9
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
My sympathies on your loss Steven. My mom has (lung) cancer and I have diabetes so I get how things can get busy. My fiance's mom has dementia as well. Her one sister has her hands full with seeing to their mom (in care) and taking care of two little ones. It's a busy world.
T_T I totally feel for you. It's definitely a tough row to hoe, that's for sure.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
T_T I totally feel for you. It's definitely a tough row to hoe, that's for sure.
Yep, for all concerned. Thanks.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote