Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #106
itfs
itfs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@itfs: You might want to ask a moderator to move your post to the Dictionary FAQ topic where it belongs.
Also you can't look up multiple words with the popup dictionary.
Weird! I didn't get any notifications that people had responded and only saw this by coincidence.

I can indeed look up a term with multiple words with the popup dictionary. I can look up terms with up to 4 words to be exact.
itfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #107
itfs
itfs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Kindle dictionaries definitely support accented characters, but unlike Mobipocket Reader, Kindles will only display the first match and depending on the dictionary attributes words with accented characters might be treated like words without accented characters or vice versa.
In fact the dictionary shows definition of the single form "arrêt de règlement", but not the definition of the plural form "arrêts de règlement".
It is the same with all terms with accented letters on multiple words. It works correctly with terms of multiple words without accents or terms of multiple where only one word is accented.
itfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:48 PM   #108
Doitsu
Wizard
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itfs View Post
I can indeed look up a term with multiple words with the popup dictionary. I can look up terms with up to 4 words to be exact.
You're right. I re-tested it on my PW2 and was able to select multiple words.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #109
knc1
Analog Forever!
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by itfs View Post
Weird! I didn't get any notifications that people had responded and only saw this by coincidence.

Check the settings in your CP -

You want "subscribe all" on if you expect to be notified of responses to a thread that you start.

You can also select subscribe in the thread tools drop-down box if you want notifications of replies in threads that you did not start.

Your CP also has a section where you can manage your subscriptions (once you have at least one).
knc1 is online now   Reply With Quote