Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
Jinnai
Jinnai began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tablets with the best battery life

I'm looking for overall what tablet PCs have the best battery life. The screen size should be at least 7". Preferably they should be able to run streaming video (I have a subscription to cruncyroll and would like to use their app). I don't really care for the apple, so I am not going to buy an ipad or ipad2.
Jinnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/13/b...aybook-review/

Engadget's Playbook review has a chart of the typical battery life they saw in testing tablets-I would say the Dell is probably not what you are looking for if battery life is an issue
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Jinnai

Alright. None of them I was looking at specifically, but it gives me a ballpark figure about what is an acceptable minimum.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #4
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
You've already stated you don't care for the battery champ... IPad with 10 to 12 hours. Your alternatives can guarantee from five to seven hours, though a couple state "up to ten", but deliver only on paper.

If playing Flash video is important then you must find something besides an iPad.

You're basically shooting yourself in the foot.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #5
Jinnai

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilipp View Post
You've already stated you don't care for the battery champ... IPad with 10 to 12 hours. Your alternatives can guarantee from five to seven hours, though a couple state "up to ten", but deliver only on paper.

If playing Flash video is important then you must find something besides an iPad.

You're basically shooting yourself in the foot.
it is a must; in fact i'd say that is the sole determining reason for buying one. if its just books, even manga, i can suffer without a backlight and get an ebook reader and would not loose much since most manga are B&W to begin with.

i won't buy an ipad because i don't care for the way Apple deals with its software and hardware v=being far more closed than than even Ms. I realize not everyone cares as much as I do, but that;s fine. I'm just voting with my wallet.

Last edited by Jinnai; 04-23-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Advert