Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
Budske
Budske began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
can i update a JB PW2?

Hi, i got a PW2 last year and jailbroke it, it is running KUAL 2.6 and FW v5.6.5.

Can i update the FW version to the latest?

Is it worth it?
Budske is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2016, 08:21 PM   #2
knc1
Snappy answers department
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Yes.
Worth it? It does not cost anything.
Other than that, "worth it" is a subjective question that only you can answer.

Plus, you can go back to 5.6.5 if you want to.
knc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:13 PM   #3
Budske
Budske began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes.
Worth it? It does not cost anything.
Other than that, "worth it" is a subjective question that only you can answer.

Plus, you can go back to 5.6.5 if you want to.
to update it i have to download the firmware from amazon for the PW 5th gen and move it to the root folder of the Kindle and press update system? or how do i do it?
Budske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:01 AM   #4
knc1
Snappy answers department
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budske View Post
to update it i have to download the firmware from amazon for the PW 5th gen and move it to the root folder of the Kindle and press update system? or how do i do it?
.yes.
Only use the firmware from your model's amazon page (6th gen, PW2).

Last edited by knc1; 10-27-2016 at 10:06 AM.
knc1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
JimmyR
Addict
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, K5, Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budske View Post
You need Paperwhite 6th gen firmware. 5th gen is a PW1.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert