lesliesch
lesliesch began at the beginning.

Device: eDGe
Hi
lesliesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #17
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
EE

I do not think there will ever be an official ermine release, just the Beta. Sort of a good bye present. Though if there was a SDK some great developers would likely make it useable. The Irex 800 is 'enjoying' this to an extent.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 04-01-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Added title
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #18
tjdean256
Zealot
tjdean256 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex dr1000s; Pocket edge
Checking in

td
tjdean256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #19
Dr. T
Dr. T began at the beginning.

Device: EnTourage eDGe
Hi Everyone
Dr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #20
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Hi, I'm here as well.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #21
LoneKiltedNinja
LoneKiltedNinja began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage eDGe
If nobody really knows me on the Entourage forum yet, am I still allowed to sign up here?
Anyway, glad to see the community is strong enough to preemptively self-organize elsewhere under duress even if the company isn't!
LoneKiltedNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #22
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome all! Mobileread is where I initially found out about entourage.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #23
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
I'm jumping on the exiled bandwagon (alex_edge over in the forums).
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #24
paula-t
paula-t began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Hi! How are you all?
Is this bar less expensive than the other one? Somebody should develop an "automatic rerouting" so that all the messages at the EE forum come down here

I am very happy with Ermine so far. I only had a minor issue with only one instance of hybernation which did not activate using Menu key and I had to reboot. Most of the applications for Android 2.2. which I have tried were successfully installed (except for eBuddy and Angry Birds in any version, from 1.0 to 1.5). I have read some of you could install it, but maybe I have to redownloaded from other sites.

As I don't live in America, I cannot use certain sites, so I use alternative URLs.

Froyo Mail works very well, though you need to reinstate the accounts.

The default Browser included is much improved, with back and forward arrows, though I am trying Xscope 6.43 and Dolphin HD. I am also using Opera 11 for testing, and, as I said in another post, I tried to install Firefox for Android unsucessfully, apparently because they have developed it for ARMv7, which I think EE does not have.

I also said at the EE forum that the latest Repligo runs very smoothly now, with PDF annotation capabilities in the Tablet side. I have used it with good results.

I will keep posting reports about apps for 2.2. which I am testing under Ermine.
Glad to meet you here.
paula-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 AM   #25
Dcubed
Dcubed began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, hopefully
I don't have Ermine, yet. EE is not locating my WiFi and I'm not sure it'll work anyhow. The last time I tried to access Update, all I could get was an error message. I think that The Great Firewall is blocking the EE from access the site. Will an air card work for a connection? My hubby has one from work. It wouldn't solve the blocked site issue, if that is still there. (I've had sites blocked at one time and not at another).

Any advice? I have opened a ticket.

Last edited by Dcubed; 04-05-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Dcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #26
Qwill
Enthusiast
Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Hi There,
I'm here too with my Pocket eDGE !
Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #27
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcubed View Post
I don't have Ermine, yet. EE is not locating my WiFi and I'm not sure it'll work anyhow. The last time I tried to access Update, all I could get was an error message. I think that The Great Firewall is blocking the EE from access the site. Will an air card work for a connection? My hubby has one from work. It wouldn't solve the blocked site issue, if that is still there. (I've had sites blocked at one time and not at another).

Any advice? I have opened a ticket.
Are there any free wifis near you? Starbucks, McDonald's, Liners bread...
Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #28
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Hi All,

Just ordered Pocket Edge after I saw Amazon selling it for $249.99.

Can I check how you guys update the PE to have Ermine?

Is it auto update by just turning on WiFi or need to do something else?

Thanks
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #29
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Run the Store app and click the "My Account" link at the bottom of the page. You may need to log in first, but then you'll see the beta message on your eDGe. Follow the directions to first opt-in and once you've done so, run the Update app on your eDGe.

Note that the Ermine beta is not an automatic update because it's a beta.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:19 PM   #30
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Thanks borisb

Can't wait to get hold of my new PE

Hope there is still future for our Edge
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote