Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 03:02 AM   #16
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
thanks
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #17
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I just blow the xpgt file away in/with Sigil (and remove references to keep the Flightcrew happy).
Calibre conversion code seems to do the job just fine
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 12:14 PM   #18
Jafo
Enthusiast
Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Jafo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo (original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
1st, Sigil is a great tool and has many fine features that help fine tune any epub. That said there was a new feature added.

What version of calibre are you using? As of 0.7.51 those margins should be zeroed out automatically. I tested this with a epub book that had left and right margins and it worked fine in eliminating the original margins.
I upgrade Calibre each time I'm prompted. It's at 0.7.52 right now. When I highlight a book I've never modified and go to page setup, left, right, top and bottom margins are all set to 5pt.
Jafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
I upgrade Calibre each time I'm prompted. It's at 0.7.52 right now. When I highlight a book I've never modified and go to page setup, left, right, top and bottom margins are all set to 5pt.
That is the Calibre 'factory default'

you can change that in preferences: common options: page setup
I use 2pt except for the right: 16pt (to avoid ADE EPUB page #'s on top of text)
This change only affects books that have not been converted previously (or have options 'reset' )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #20
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Thanks, theducks, for the info on that. I wasn't sure if page setup was the place to go. (Incidentally I'm on a Kindle, so I use MOBI files rather than EPUBs.)

I'm going to give that a try! Thanks again!
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert