Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #31
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I read virtually zero non-fiction, but I did read (and loved) The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon. It's about explorer Percy Fawcett and his attempt to find an ancient city in the Amazon.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #32
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
I would like to recommend Trick or Treatment? - Alternative medicine on trial and Big Bang, both by Simon Singh.
For what I know, they are only available as DTBs.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #33
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson is an excellent book about the famous Broad Street outbreak of Cholera in London. I bought it as an audiobook from iTunes. Fascinating stuff.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #34
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Stiff by Mary Roach: You'll learn all about cadavers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookfiend View Post
She has a few great books. I really enjoyed Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. In spite of the topic, it's very entertaining and even funny at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegematic View Post
I just finished "Packing for Mars" by Mary Roach. It's a well researched and very down to earth (irony not intended) look into how to get humans into space and keep them healthy there. There is a fair bit of potty humor so if that sort of thing puts you off you may not enjoy it as much.
Another vote for Mary Roach. I thought Bonk and Packing for Mars were fun reads (haven't picked up Stiff yet).

How about The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio by Terry Ryan? About a contest-entering mother in the 1950s.
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #35
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
The Ghost Map by Steven Johnson is an excellent book about the famous Broad Street outbreak of Cholera in London. I bought it as an audiobook from iTunes. Fascinating stuff.
Read it in paper and a very interesting book.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #36
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
Another vote for Mary Roach. I thought Bonk and Packing for Mars were fun reads (haven't picked up Stiff yet).
And another vote for Mary Roach. I've read all of her books and enjoyed each and every one.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #37
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Read it in paper and a very interesting book.
Definitely and very well-written.

I haven't read American Uprising yet but I am going to buy that in hardcover and I haven't bought it yet. Anyway, I want it in my physical library because it features my Greatx6 grandfather, Manuel Andry. His son Gilbert that got killed was a younger brother of my Greatx5, Michael Andry. Check out the NPR excerpt.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/16/132839...on-new-orleans

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Ameri...jSw/page1.html

And this would be Manuel's Granddaughter, Michael's daughter, my Greatx4 Marie Sophie Andry Lepretre.

http://louisdl.louislibraries.org/cd...SOBOX=1&REC=12
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote