Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
plalloni
plalloni began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Add book by CLI

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forums so please excuse if I miss any protocol.

My question is simple, I have a bunch of books in diverse formats which I want to add to my Calibre Library passing the isbn along with the ebook file.

I've managed to extract ISBN for every ebook through a little script of my own.

But when I try to add the ebook to calibre using:

calibredb add -i <some-isbn> <some-ebook-file>

Calibre ignores the isbn.

What's the correct way of doing this?
plalloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That only works when you are creating an empty book record. Use calibredb set_metadata to set metadata for a book record
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
plalloni
plalloni began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
If I understand set_metadata correctly it only accepts an opf file as input which I don't have and it only accepts book id to address it which I don't have.

To get the id I could use the list command with some grepping & cutting, slow... but ok.

If I use set_metadata does it overwrite ALL the metadata currently associated with the given ebook?

If so I would have to ask calibre for the OPF file with show_metadata --as-opf, modify it adding the isbn and then use set_metadata... ¿right?
plalloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use show_metadata to get the OPF
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote