Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post

I'm not sure what the state of Calibre's support for mobi TOC on input is - clearly based on this thread it doesn't seem to support it. Someone else would need to comment if that's expected behavior.

from his post 8 - the intial import to calibre is OK - book still works if sent back to kindle after the de-drm.

things go wrong only after mobi to mobi convert, which is necessary to force new cover art into the book.

he also says that his chapter naming goes ONE TWO THREE... which default xpath will not find.

I cannot offer any more advice except for
1) file a bug report
2) do it the long way around -
mobi-to epub - fix toc - epub to mobi -back to Kindle
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
jasewell
jasewell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I appreciate you guys looking into this. Like I said I'm very new to this and I will definitely check out the resources you linked to try and learn some of the "basics". It's not a huge problem, but I figured if I noticed this then others will too and somebody out here will be able to fix or offer a solution. I'll defer to the experts on this.

Thanks again.
jasewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #18
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
try the thread I linked to before, and ask there what convert settings are working - as you & that guy have opposite issues you may both gain from the dialogue
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote