Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
scdill
scdill began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Are there any Brick and Mortars in the US that carry the JBL?

I would like to get my hands and eyes on a jetBook Lite before buying. I've already bought and returned a Pandigital Novel (too heavy and poor battery life), Nook (non responsive touch screen), and Kindle3 (my big fingers and its small keys). I really don't want to do another buy and return. I have found the jetBook Lite on many of the big box stores web sites, but none carried locally.

Are there any B&M stores in the US that actually carry the jetBook Lite?
scdill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The Ectaco site shows this

http://lingvobit.com/

as their Retail Stores, it looks like four in NYC and one in Chicago, for the USA.

The Aluratek Libre Pro is more likely to show up "in a store near you" than the jetBooks.
The ALP is the same hardware as the regular jetBook. The JBL has the same display and
CPU and memory but runs on AA batteries (rechargeable NiMH work fine with 25 to 40
hours of reading time, depending on mili-Amp Hour rating) ; it also has better DRM and format support, and no audio. If you have a bunch of .pdb files left over from reading
on a PDA, then you want the JBL, I don't think the others support that one.

Newegg has a pretty generous return policy.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert