Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
quickgrayfox
ebook addict
quickgrayfox began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
JBL repair/replacement

Anyone out there know whether these people are still in business? On 12/28 I shipped a JBL the the NY facility for replacement due to screen flickering. I packaged it as instructed and had the product return code printed on the outside of the box as instructed. Checked with the USPS and found the package was received on 01/03 and I have not heard a word since.

I have written them 3 times and have not even had an automated response. I'd like to know what the status is on the replacement or repair of the unit I returned. I liked the unit and have now done without for over a month.
quickgrayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I've never tried it (or needed to), but I've heard that if you post at the Jetbook forums http://www.ectaco.com/forums/show/185.page there's an employee who monitors and responds very quickly to issues like this.

Here is the email address of the guy at the forums. He's an account executive, whatever that means, but he does seem to take an interest and respond, from what I can see on the forums: Jerry@ectaco.com

Last edited by MmavisO; 01-30-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add email address
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
If it makes you feel any better (and of course it doesn't) I'm in about the same boat with a nook I RMA'd over 3 weeks ago. This even with the extended warranty. Amazon's Kindle is the only reader that seems to get consistently good customer service reviews. I hope you receive news or your repaired/replaced JBL soon.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There's been a lot of snow in that part of the country.

(I think the west cost stole all that Global Warming, for themselves.)

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; Jerry can check it out for you, he has other things that he does,
like some of the official video pieces, but he is usually pretty responsive.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-30-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote