Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #16
sueneu
eBook Designer
sueneu began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, nook, kindle
Just an update:
I tried Sigil, but it adds some extra CSS files. (Might be a way around this) Since I pre-write my CSS, that was a problem.
Dan- I'd like to try the Excel trick. Is there a special character or formula to get the ID/Playorder numbers to +1 each line?
sueneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:12 AM   #17
DanBenton
DanBenton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi

Thanks for taking an interest. You just drag the numbered cells down; the rest of the cells you can copy because they're standard.
So with the example below (which I know doesn't show up right, but imagine it's all in two rows and the tabs are different cells), all the red text can be dragged down because the numbering's sequential, and the green text are where you'd enter the chapter titles, although if your chapters are just called 1, 2, 3 then you can do them too.
Once you've done one, you can use that as a template for future ones, obviously deleting or adding rows if you have more or fewer chapters.
Does that make sense?

Dan

<navPoint id=" SA1 " playOrder=" 2 "> <navLabel> <text> One: The ingredients </text> </navLabel> <content src=" Sole_Agent_Chapter1 .html"/> </navPoint>

<navPoint id=" SA2 " playOrder=" 3 "> <navLabel> <text> Two: Tuesday morning </text> </navLabel> <content src=" Sole_Agent_Chapter2 .html"/> </navPoint>

www.craig-thrillers.com
DanBenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBenton View Post
Thanks DiapDealer... yeah, I work with epubs too but for my own books I'm concentrating on Kindle at the moment. If there's significant demand for an epub version then I'll get on it, but frankly there isn't.

www.craig-thrillers.com
The problem as I see it is that you appear to be exclusively Kindle. So why would people who want ePub bother? Why not make ePub for those who want it and see how it goes? ePub does make a good source format for Mobipocket. So you make the ePub and then convert that to Mobipocket. Then you have ePub to sell and Mobipocket for Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 AM   #19
sueneu
eBook Designer

Dan,
Thanks for the specifics, I'll give that a try. Do you mind if I post it to eprdctn.org? (Thats the wiki the Twitter eProduction group – #eprdctn– is building, kindly hosted by mobileread)
Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #20
DanBenton
DanBenton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hey

I wouldn't mind at all. Out of interest, what market is eprdctn aimed at? Trade or self-publishing?

www.craig-thrillers.com
DanBenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #21
sueneu
eBook Designer

Dan,
Not sure how to answer that. The wiki grew out of the Twitter #ePrdctn group, (Wednesdays, 11am to noon New York time) we wanted a way to make the information we share less ephemeral and longer than 140 characters.
Contributors to the wiki serve both markets.