Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #1
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Find previous in viewer

Whenever I use 'Find next' or 'Find previous' button, the viewer only find next occurrence. Is this a bug or only my pc's problem? (If this is a bug,I find it's weird no one noticed this. I also tested this with the latest Calibre source revision 7082.)
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
find previous works for me. What OS are you on?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #3
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Windows XP SP3 (I also tested it with a XP virtual machine.)
Old 12-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

can you post an example book in which it fails?
Old 12-03-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
atjnjk
Zealot

It seems all books in my library have this problem, even calibre quick start guide.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Calibre Quick Start Guide - John Schember.epub (126.9 KB, 160 views)
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I can confirm a problem with the calibre Viewer's Search.

In an EPUB, Find Next works OK but, Find Previous always finds the first occurrence in the book.

In a MOBI or a ZIP, Find Next works OK but, Find Previous also Finds Next.

I am also on WinXP SP3, calibre 7.31.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

fixed in next release.