Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 11:16 PM   #31
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Here's what I managed to discover. I'll post some more comments later, for now try dumping some dictionaries and look into the source code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bbeb_dict_01.zip (80.4 KB, 503 views)
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:00 AM   #32
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
igorsk : thanks a lot for sharing what you discovered. I just took a quick look, tried dumping a pre-installed dictionary and a home made one. I saw the pre-installed dictionary is indeed encoded in unicode and the "home-made" with BBeB Dict Studio is encoded in Shift JIS (I thought BBeB Dict Studio managed Shift JIS encoding for the input CSV, but converted in UNICODE....but apparently that's not the case).

It seems you went far in understanding MSD format (how did you achieve that ?), so is your goal, as porkupan said to "only" correct the failing indexing of BBeB Dict Studio, or is it to make a complete MSD builder ?
OK, I'll take a deeper look at bbeb_dic.py now.
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #33
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Actually, Sjis dictionaries are still supported (check Oxford dictionary for example). The main difference from Librie dictionaries is the extra indexing streams. They are not produced by the BBeB Studio. I started making code to add them but didn't have time to finish.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #34
mugger
mugger began at the beginning.

Device: prs-950
Papi, igorsk!
do you have any news about Dictionary?
mugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:49 AM   #35
Domas
Enthusiast
Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Domas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Sony PRS-505, Elonex (EB600E), Cool-er (EB600EM), Hanvon N516
It seems that the same dictionary format is used in PRS-T1.

Igorsk, did you find any time to improve your bbeb_dict to extract dictionary content?
Domas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert