Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-06-2007, 04:57 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iRex iLiad Firmware 2.10 released

Eagle-eyed MobileReader vampyre notified us that a new firmware release for the iRex iLiad is out. We don't have access to the changelog yet, so if you guys know what's new in firmware 2.10, you're more than welcome to report here. Thanks!

Changes (thanks, tribble!):
  • WPA secured wireless connection
  • define archive locations in settings (news/books/docs/notes can point to folders on cf, sd or usb now)
  • bug fixes (stability PDF-viewer)
  • image quality improvements (only in some cases, whatever that means )
  • diversification of iLiad into two language sets (ER0100/002 for Latin countries and ER0100/010 for chinese market)

Link to full release notes: PDF Download (thanks, yokos!)
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:26 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
  • WPA secured wireless connection
  • define archive locations in settings (news/books/docs/notes can point to folders on cf, sd or usb now)
  • bug fixes (stability PDF-viewer)
  • image quality improvements (only in some cases, whatever that means )
  • diversification of iLiad into two language sets (ER0100/002 for Latin countries and ER0100/010 for chinese market)
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2007, 05:35 AM   #3
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Release 2.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Eagle-eyed MobileReader vampyre notified us that a new firmware release for the iRex iLiad is out. We don't have access to the changelog yet, so if you guys know what's new in firmware 2.10, you're more than welcome to report here. Thanks!
From the Release Nores:

2 What’s new in the software release 2.10?
2.1 WPA secured wireless connection
• You can now connect to a WPA (WiFi Protected Access)
secured wireless network. For more details, see the v2.10
User Manual.

2.2 Ability to define the archive locations
• The 4 archive keys (NEWS, BOOKS, DOCS and NOTES)
are individually redefinable to a memory type (Internal
memory, CF-card, MMC-card and USB-stick)

• Downloaded items from iDS are also redirected to these
memory types

2.3 Bug fixes
• Improvements made on the stability of the PDF-viewer

2.4 Image quality
• In some cases, an improved image quality can be observed

2.5 Diversification of iLiad into two language sets

1. The iLiad ER0100/002 for Latin countries (Western Europe,
North & South America and Canada) with following
languages: English, German, French and Dutch. Spanish
will follow in a next release.

2. The iLiad ER0100/010 for the Chinese market with
following languages: Chinese and English

- For the iLiad ER0100/002:
The Chinese language is replaced by the French language

- For the iLiad ER0100/010:
Reduced number of downloads to install software updates
(PDF and EBA viewers are now included in the download).

Only one additional download required.

Note: The diversification of your iLiad is pre-defined and
relates to the country where you purchased your device.

I think I have to wait some time to be able to use the throttled PDF viewer again (power saving, full screen and easy deletion of scribbles) :-)

As well as the nice JAVA power pack additions :-)
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
Scifier
[=>>=]
Scifier began at the beginning.

Device: Asus 620BT (was), Irex Iliad (was), Kindle Keyboard, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg View Post
I think I have to wait some time to be able to use the throttled PDF viewer again (power saving, full screen and easy deletion of scribbles) :-)
Full screen PDF viewer for Iliad ??? Is it available already ? If yes - where can get one from ?
Scifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #5
bruce
Software Developer
bruce began at the beginning.

Device: Sage, Oasis, Voyage, Paperwhite, iLiad, reb1100
I'm a little worried about this language partitioning based on where you happened to purchase your iLiad. Language support choice should be handled in some other way, perhaps by some configuration preference in your "my Irex" login.

This is not just a language issue. As the software environment for the iLiad gets more complex with more iRex supported software options and 3rd party software options, iRex owners need a way to manage what gets installed onto their iLiad and when it gets installed.
bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #6
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce View Post
This is not just a language issue. As the software environment for the iLiad gets more complex with more iRex supported software options and 3rd party software options, iRex owners need a way to manage what gets installed onto their iLiad and when it gets installed.
Fully agreed. See Adam's call for standardization.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #7
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Full screen viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifier View Post
Full screen PDF viewer for Iliad ??? Is it available already ? If yes - where can get one from ?

Look here: (viewer for v.2.95):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=10127&page=3
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #8
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'm not happy about the language partitioning, either. The ability to display Chinese was one of the reasons I bought the iLiad, even though Chinese is only my second language.

Update: iRex has a fix.

Last edited by nekokami; 06-06-2007 at 08:39 AM. Reason: iRex fix.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #9
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
Fully agreed. See Adam's call for standardization.
It looks like iRex likes the proposed standard, and will be building support for ipkg into the contentlister.

http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1320
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
It looks like iRex likes the proposed standard, and will be building support for ipkg into the contentlister.

http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1320
Very cool! Adam, it looks like we're one step closer to having true 3rd party support
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #11
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
So, 2.10 is out. Nice, but I can't find a must-have feature in changelog.

Ok, WPA wireless connection is more secure than WEP, but I confess I have never use wireless web browsing, therefore it never was on my wish list. [OT & private note for myself: My university uses a wireless VPN. I should check this out. ]

Yes this "support for ipkg into the contentlister" would be very cool, that every app ported by users needs it's own library collection is suboptimal.

[EDIT]
Issue about the diversification of iLiad in Software 2.10
[/EDIT]

Last edited by yokos; 06-06-2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: irex forum hl
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:40 AM   #12
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
I had already whacked the Chinese software out of my root filesystem to make more space.

In addition to a larger battery the iLiad needs a larger (and faster) memory technology device for its internal storage.

I saw no mention of the stylus calibration nor of the re-flash support. I guess we get to keep waiting for those.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #13
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
The Release Notes are online now:
iRex Download Section
Release Notes 2.10

Last edited by yokos; 06-06-2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: HL
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #14
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024 View Post
I had already whacked the Chinese software out of my root filesystem to make more space.
Smart move. Scotty, can you share some short info how you did this? (or perhaps an automated script?)
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #15
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Oink!!! All that pigging out at Fictionwise's 7th Anniversary Sale has caught up with me!

The iLiad just announced I needed 10.2MB of space for the reference documents for 2.10 but I only had 7.2MB left.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote