Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
LittleRach
LittleRach began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thinking of upgrading

I have a Kobo, I've had one or another for years now. (I think I've got an HD or a Glo or something currently). It's getting a bit old, and needs resetting every few days now (never used to do that), and the light is getting a bit temperamental. So I thought I might request a new one for Christmas.

I'm really tempted by the Aura One, mainly for the ability to borrow library books. But our library has just changed from Overdrive to Borrowbox - does anyone know if it's compatible?

And how smoothly does the borrowing work?

I'd much rather use the library than buy, but I don't have a computer (just an iPad), and our work computers won't let you download stuff, so I can't use that, so I end up having to try to get my husband or daughter to sync it all on the PC if I currently want to borrow a book, and so it's just way too much trouble.
LittleRach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
salamanderjuice
Connoisseur
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 3
The Aura One borrowing only works with Overdrive unfortunately.

That said it's pretty smooth you just search the store like a normal Kobo and you tap the 3 dots and you can see if it's in the library. If it's available you can check it out and it downloads and acts exactly like it was purchased from the store. If not you can place a hold. The due date is visible in the menu and you can easily return books. It also keeps a preview version and shows it as finished so you can still know you read it.
salamanderjuice is online now   Reply With Quote