Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I figured it out. Give me the Pocketbook 902 please!

BOb
I figured out what the murder weapon was. It's this here blood-covered left-handed hammer. Hey, I wonder what happens if you use a left-handed hammer with your right hand. [swingCLUNK!OW!THUNK...ssnnoooorrre...]
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM   #17
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Well, I guess that saves me the trouble.

Left handed hammer.

It's no wonder why the imaginary monkey is in charge.

Last edited by recluse; 10-31-2010 at 08:33 PM.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I can see it now........massive resignations of the mods, and suddenly new devices appear in their descriptions.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:03 PM   #19
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I'm a little behind... they killed Pshrynk AGAIN?? Is this going to become a trend?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:28 PM   #20
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You have to admit, it suits his personality.
And he ain't dead again. The red herring is fishier than usual.

As for your little behind, Shel...
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 11:31 PM   #21
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
I made myself an epub version (I get eye strain). Here it is for anyone else with the same problem. I made it with Sigil. I didn't go nuts on quality, but it looks OK to me. Spoiler Alerts are included.

I will try to stay on top of updating it daily.
Attached Files
File Type: epub What the Butler Saw - MobileRead.epub (13.8 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by Superlucky; 11-01-2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Note re: updates.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:40 PM   #22
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
You have to admit, it suits his personality.
And he ain't dead again. The red herring is fishier than usual.

As for your little behind, Shel...
Umm.... I don't know whether you're saying it's not little, and I should be insulted, or you're saying it's cute, and I should be complimented (but watch out for Chris on the latter...)
Old 10-31-2010, 11:41 PM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I'm a little behind... they killed Pshrynk AGAIN?? Is this going to become a trend?
Less of a trend than a personal hobby. (*)

Cheers,
Marc
(* This in no way constitutes an admission of guilt in this particular instance. Zany Carter Deluxe also makes a wonderful revitalising embalming fluid. Warranty void in Texas and the Halls of Asgard. Pshrynk is my friend, so I only kill him with kindness...and the occasional hit-and-run hovercar. You should consider this note a clue...but only if you're one whose logic centres say that 2+2=giraffe)
Old 10-31-2010, 11:46 PM   #24
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Less of a trend than a personal hobby. (*)

Cheers,
Marc
(* This in no way constitutes an admission of guilt in this particular instance. Zany Carter Deluxe also makes a wonderful revitalising embalming fluid. Warranty void in Texas and the Halls of Asgard. Pshrynk is my friend, so I only kill him with kindness...and the occasional hit-and-run hovercar. You should consider this note a clue...but only if you're one whose logic centres say that 2+2=giraffe)
Being dead is a personal hobby? In which case, he needs a pshrynk instead of being one...Or killing him is YOUR personal hobby? I can think of a few people I'd like to make that my own hobby for... (none of them are MR members).

p.s. I'm not even entering the contest - I can NEVER figure out the murder mysteries I read, much less this one.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:57 PM   #25
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Being dead is a personal hobby? In which case, he needs a pshrynk instead of being one...Or killing him is YOUR personal hobby? I can think of a few people I'd like to make that my own hobby for... (none of them are MR members).
[bolding is mine]

Oh, no, definitely the "killing him" part. Pshrynk, Adrian and me never feel we've completed a satisfactory aeon-length night of vulgar, vexatious and vandalistic multiversal pub-crawling unless his dead body has been defenestrated by some hulking bar-guard-trog at least once before dawn. Oh, we do laugh (well, once pshrynk's been reanimated).

Quote:
p.s. I'm not even entering the contest - I can NEVER figure out the murder mysteries I read, much less this one.
If your best is a guess it's still a chance. There aren't that many of us Murderators to accuse.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 11-01-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:38 AM   #26
recluse
Banned

Shel,

A) I would never insult your behind. I'm sure it's a wonderful behind, but
B) I can't compliment your behind openly because Chris is apparently one of those insecure gerbils who is threatened by virtual wife behind compliments.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:34 AM   #27
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
And I willingly signed up the be here amongst you people !!!!!!!!!!

I knew I'd fit in .

TCF
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:38 AM   #28
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cod Father View Post
And I willingly signed up the be here amongst you people !!!!!!!!!!

I knew I'd fit in .

TCF
The problem with fitting in here is that it instantly comes with the requisite condition that you're also now a suspect. So where were you...at the time...that that stuff happened...sorry, I'm not good at this, I don't read a lot of noir.

Cheers, and welcome to the Lounge. Take your coat? Get you a drink? Sell you an alibi?

Marc
Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 AM   #29
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Found it out, too. Can I keep "my" 902, pretty please?

Shouldn't you be sitting in a prison somewhere in Novosibirsk regretting what you did with pshrynk last time?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #30
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Hmmm.. So, if this is the second time Pshrynk died, that must mean he is a cat (With 9 lives and all).. This means that, with two murders every year, that he is gone for good in 2014. Have you considered who should replace him by then? Hopefully someone that can actually defend himself...
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote