Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
turtle
Enthusiast
turtle began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
eBookwise 1150 can't see the card

Just found a new e-bookwise without card and when i insert my card this device can't see it, pressed reset button and nothing happened.
So I wanted to bring some books bigger in size than I have in internal memory using my card reader, so I did and on my computer I can see what on my card but when I insert card in book the book can't see,
turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Try formatting the card on the device itself and then load the book on it. Follow this steps (which are on my home page shown on my .sig line)

Here is how to reformat an external SM card.

1. Make sure the device is off and insert the card.
2. Hold down the previous page (bottom) button while turning the 1150 on,
2a. hold button down until all is loaded, may be a second or two.
2b. tap little book guy at upper left (main menu button).
3c. tap info and then tap more
3. Tap the new more option
4. Tap on "erase external"
5. Tap on "yes"
6. Tap on "no" (if this fails repeat and answer "yes"

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #3
turtle
Enthusiast

Hi, Dale.
yes this procedure format the card but after I transfer some books to the card e-reader can't see them, on the screen only Settings and message... you may connect to your online bookshelf to obtain more content.

So any other suggestion
Old 10-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #4
turtle
Enthusiast

And more, Dale.
probably new books I gonna transfer to e-reader with eBookwise personal content are going to card but I can't transfer books with more than 2 meg. and geb librarian is not existing any more (which I used bfore to transfer imp. more than 2 meg.).
So do you know how to obtain geb librarian because impserve too complicated for me to install
Old 10-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The thread copying from bookshelf to pc has the latest information on obtaining copies of GEB librarian. If you still have your old license that should be enough. There are several choices in the wiki article on EBookwise-1150 and perhaps some data in GEB librarian, which are both in our wiki.

If you have a card reader you should also be able to transfer files directly from your pc.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 10-21-2010 at 01:04 AM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
turtle
Enthusiast

Dale, I know that I can find some info in wiki but my question was, even after formatting my eBookwise can't see the card, so I can't transfer any books using card reader, but OK
I have another question, a long time ago Nick (nrapallo) gave me a good prompting on how to use Reb Librarian for transfering books from PC to e-reader as: (Use HTTP proxy and Use proxy for USB and place 127.0.0.1 and 9090 into the HTTP proxy address and HTTP proxy port boxes, respectively), but I remember it should be something in Server Domain Name box but I couldn't find in forum if you remember please let me know and what else should be in setup like Foreign Booklist...
Old 10-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Dale, I know that I can find some info in wiki but my question was, even after formatting my eBookwise can't see the card, so I can't transfer any books using card reader, but OK
Do you have the newer 64MB internal memory EBW model or the original 8MB internal memory model? Just asking...

Quote:
I have another question, a long time ago Nick (nrapallo) gave me a good prompting on how to use Reb Librarian for transfering books from PC to e-reader as: (Use HTTP proxy and Use proxy for USB and place 127.0.0.1 and 9090 into the HTTP proxy address and HTTP proxy port boxes, respectively), but I remember it should be something in Server Domain Name box but I couldn't find in forum if you remember please let me know and what else should be in setup like Foreign Booklist...
This thread here?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
turtle
Enthusiast

Hi, Nick. Yes I have 64 Mb internal in the book i've recently got.
Thank you Nick and Dale for your help and suggestions but one guy from Russian forum told me to disassemble both readers and make one,so I did and I'm OK now I can transfer books with card reader which is easier for me as I'm not familiar with computer.
But any way thank you guys