Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:44 AM   #181
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidio View Post
No files...
If you're pointing out that the Rasterfarian files aren't available on this forum, that's because they were pulled when it was discovered that the app made use of some code that was owned by someone else without permission. You can find the details in the threads above.

If that's not what you're trying to get at, then you'll have to elaborate slightly.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #182
zalman
zalman began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
I am using the fixed version of Rasterfarian 2.5 and I have noticed a couple of problems:

1) If I spawn more than one thread there is a chance the concurrent processes will "trample over" each other, I suspect overwriting certain temporary files in common or such and it will cause the entire conversion to fail.

2) If I enqueue several instances of pdfrasterfarian then there is a chance the latter processes, when they start, will somehow mess up the completion of the earlier processes (again, overwriting common temporary files or something similar) and no LRF file will actually be created by the earlier processes. It does not happen consistently, just sometimes.

2a) In regards to bug #2, another consequence is that even when the LRF files are created, they will often have no Table of Contents (TOC) or sometimes the wrong TOC (from an entirely different PDF file). So this must be the result of some common file that stores the TOC data being overwritten/erased.

It's too bad about these bugs since it makes it necessary to babysit the program and launch new ones as the old ones finish rather than queuing them up if you want the results to be reliable.

Thank you very much for the program though! Aside from those bugs it is the most efficient program for creating LRF files that I've seen and it creates the smallest files out of any of them!
Advert
Old 12-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #183
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalman View Post
I am using the fixed version of Rasterfarian 2.5 and I have noticed a couple of problems:

1) If I spawn more than one thread there is a chance the concurrent processes will "trample over" each other, I suspect overwriting certain temporary files in common or such and it will cause the entire conversion to fail.

2) If I enqueue several instances of pdfrasterfarian then there is a chance the latter processes, when they start, will somehow mess up the completion of the earlier processes (again, overwriting common temporary files or something similar) and no LRF file will actually be created by the earlier processes. It does not happen consistently, just sometimes.

2a) In regards to bug #2, another consequence is that even when the LRF files are created, they will often have no Table of Contents (TOC) or sometimes the wrong TOC (from an entirely different PDF file). So this must be the result of some common file that stores the TOC data being overwritten/erased.

It's too bad about these bugs since it makes it necessary to babysit the program and launch new ones as the old ones finish rather than queuing them up if you want the results to be reliable.

Thank you very much for the program though! Aside from those bugs it is the most efficient program for creating LRF files that I've seen and it creates the smallest files out of any of them!
the enqueue option is indeed not working. That is because when you enqueue another task, the current working TOC will be overwritten. It's a bug I've noticed already, but didn't fix it and the author has abandonned the development.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:28 AM   #184
Sternenbastard
Sternenbastard began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Can anybody send me Rasterfarian 2.5.1 per EMail ?

Hi Folks !

Can be anyone so kind to send me Rasterfarian per E-Mail ?
I used Google, but didn´t find it on the Web.
Every Link refers to Mobile-Read Forums.
But i cant download it from here.

THX, Sternenbastard
Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #185
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternenbastard View Post
Hi Folks !

Can be anyone so kind to send me Rasterfarian per E-Mail ?
I used Google, but didn´t find it on the Web.
Every Link refers to Mobile-Read Forums.
But i cant download it from here.

THX, Sternenbastard
there is a link here pointing to this website: http://hightech.afmag.net/rasterfari...sion-here.html
Advert
Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 AM   #186
Sternenbastard
Sternenbastard began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Rasterfarian

THX to Athlon KMF
Old 01-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #187
spelunkr
spelunkr began at the beginning.

Device: sony psr-500
How to GET RasterFarian

So. This SOUNDS great.
How do I get this program? Since its not allowed to be downloaded from here, I have search google but am unable to find any downloads.
Please advise.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:36 PM   #188
spelunkr
spelunkr began at the beginning.

Device: sony psr-500
Never mind

...found it.
Thanks I didn't read all the threads, duh.
This is great.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #189
edsohsmith
Connoisseur
edsohsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 (soon)
I am having problems with this program. After installing, and setting defaults it says another instance of Rasterfarian is in queue and I can either force start, wait or quit. I had just installed the program and the waiting option does not work.

Is there an installation tutorial somewhere?
Old 01-07-2008, 06:58 AM   #190
athlonkmf
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsohsmith View Post
I am having problems with this program. After installing, and setting defaults it says another instance of Rasterfarian is in queue and I can either force start, wait or quit. I had just installed the program and the waiting option does not work.

Is there an installation tutorial somewhere?
just do a force start.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #191
edsohsmith
Connoisseur
edsohsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 (soon)
Quote:
just do a force start.
i tried but I get an endless string of "waiting 3 seconds" repeated over and over. Are there any other components I have to install besides clicking on the intall gui?
Old 01-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #192
Jetgirl
Jetgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Password Incorrect

I installed Rasterfarian and when I run it I get the following message:

The password you supplied for the input PDF:

c:\program Files\Rasterfarian\\temp\input.pdf di not work.
This PDF is ecrypted, and you must supply the
owner password to open it...

When I continue on it seems to run yet generates a small 2KB lrs output file.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:41 PM   #193
ahseng77
ahseng77 began at the beginning.

Device: se p990,505,mot355,nok1255
friennds ho to change greyscale from 4 to 16 in rasterfarian
Old 01-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #194
athlonkmf
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetgirl View Post
I installed Rasterfarian and when I run it I get the following message:

The password you supplied for the input PDF:

c:\program Files\Rasterfarian\\temp\input.pdf di not work.
This PDF is ecrypted, and you must supply the
owner password to open it...

When I continue on it seems to run yet generates a small 2KB lrs output file.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks.

It obviously can't read encryped PDF...
Old 01-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #195
stepanok
Connoisseur
stepanok began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
...eehh....i downlaoded it...soooooooo.........how do i bloody install this thing friends??????????????????????
Closed Thread