Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-12-2007, 02:26 AM   #91
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The main reason for leaving the old version is that it "preserves" the total download counts. Unloading a new version doesn't affect the download count of the old one. I find it interesting to see what type of books appeal most to people.

By all means delete the old one if you wish - it's entirely up to you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:33 AM   #92
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
As long as we have space (and we still do), feel free to upload your revisions while keeping the old one intact.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I like the idea that someone came up with (was it RWood or NatCh) of putting in the download count in the revised message with the new version. Thus the old edition can be deleted without losing the count.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:00 AM   #94
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I like the idea that someone came up with (was it RWood or NatCh) of putting in the download count in the revised message with the new version. Thus the old edition can be deleted without losing the count.
That would require some code modification, something we can think about. It would have to be an option someone could activate, like "keep download count with new attachment). But it's kinda tricky. Especially when a post has more than one attachment, and you are going to replace more than one of these attachments (which may have different filenames).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:11 AM   #95
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Alex,

You misunderstand what Jon's saying. All he means is that a couple of uploaders, when they replace a file, have simply said in the edited text something like "Previous downloads: 123" (or whatever). A purely manual process; nothing automated.
Advert
Old 06-25-2007, 07:41 AM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Hi Alex,

You misunderstand what Jon's saying. All he means is that a couple of uploaders, when they replace a file, have simply said in the edited text something like "Previous downloads: 123" (or whatever). A purely manual process; nothing automated.
Exactly. I did the same thing. Manually posted the previous download count so I could then delete the old version without losing the count.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #97
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Hi,

I am trying to edit a book according to the famous instruction set.
I try to insert page breaks, I can see them but when I save the file and create LRF, the page breaks I insert are ignored

At the very beginning of the file I am typing book author and book title, and I type the word "by" between them, I mark them book author, book title and "by" is just a paragraph in the centre...it looks perfect in BD, I save everything then create LRF...and everything is in a mess. For some reason "by" is inserted after book author...although in BD it looks fine.

Any pice of advice please?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:01 AM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Hi,

I am trying to edit a book according to the famous instruction set.
I try to insert page breaks, I can see them but when I save the file and create LRF, the page breaks I insert are ignored

At the very beginning of the file I am typing book author and book title, and I type the word "by" between them, I mark them book author, book title and "by" is just a paragraph in the centre...it looks perfect in BD, I save everything then create LRF...and everything is in a mess. For some reason "by" is inserted after book author...although in BD it looks fine.

Any pice of advice please?
Make eBooks | Sony Reader (lrf) | options tab | check page breaks | check user page breaks | make

Simple eh?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #99
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Make eBooks | Sony Reader (lrf) | options tab | check page breaks | check user page breaks | make

Simple eh?
Eh?!
Old 06-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #100
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
What about this part of question?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #101
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Check the "Skip Title Page" box on the "Options" screen. That way BD will use your title page rather than generating one itself, which is, I suspect, what it's doing at the moment.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:15 AM   #102
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Check the "Skip Title Page" box on the "Options" screen. That way BD will use your title page rather than generating one itself, which is, I suspect, what it's doing at the moment.

Oh, I see. Thanks a lot.
Checking this box will prevent BD from auto-generating TOC though, won't it?
Old 06-26-2007, 10:22 AM   #103
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Oh, I see. Thanks a lot.
Checking this box will prevent BD from auto-generating TOC though, won't it?
No, it has nothing at all to do with the TOC. The TOC will be generated (by default, anyway) from items having the "Title" style.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #104
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
No, it has nothing at all to do with the TOC. The TOC will be generated (by default, anyway) from items having the "Title" style.
Yes! Skip Front Page!
Thanks a lot!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #105
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You're very welcome. Glad it worked!