Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
hudson
Stunt Programmer
hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS500, Treo 650
GnuGo 3.6 for iLiad

I've built gnugo for the iLiad, but the GUI frontend is taking a little bit longer. The backend was fairly easy to get running once the cross compile issues were worked out with the pre-processing that has to happen. Details on the build are on my wiki. CGoben is not happy about interfacing via gmp with gnugo, so I'm looking for other front ends.

Attached is the (large) binary for gnugo which you can play via ssh or rxvt. You will also need to install libncurses into /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib on the iLiad. If you have the OE tree from iRex it is in /usr/local/arm/oe/arm-linux/lib/libncurses.so.5. Don't forget to run ldconfig on the iLiad after installing it.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 gnugo.bz2 (1.17 MB, 684 views)
hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
This is extremely cool! I have stopped playing Go, since I have no friends to play with and in front of a computer I usually have other stuff to do - like work But having Go on the iLiad would be so cool! Unfortunately, without a (GUI) frontend it is pretty cool but still not of very much use...

If you don't get the GUI working, I can try making a Java frontend if the iRex team get the Java tool chain ready "soon"
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Would be very nice if one of the developers could make a script, so other people (without linux skills) could try this game in the Iliad. At least i would be very grateful.
Thanks
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by templario
Would be very nice if one of the developers could make a script, so other people (without linux skills) could try this game in the Iliad. At least i would be very grateful.
Thanks
You would need a GUI, another program running at another computer, to actually play (unless you have a board and use the command line interface... which I guess is unlikely). All platforms with a Go interface also has GnuGo and other Go programs, free/open and commercial. So for the moment GnuGO on the Iliad is pretty useless, as far as I can see, although it is promising. I'm looking forward to be able to play Go on the go! (Pun not intended but intentionally left as-is)
Old 04-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
It looks like GoBen (http://www.waz.easynet.co.uk/misc/goben/README) should port pretty easily. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #6
Ender
Ender began at the beginning.

Pente!

I just got shell access to my iLiad and the first thought I had was, "Wouldn't it be neat if someone's written Pente for..." Go is fairly close but I play Pente as I'm somewhat mentally deficient. Irony notwithstanding.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #7
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
So... any news on the Go front? I'm adding a bunch of aps to my iLiad and that would be a good one to have.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #8
narve
iLiad fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
So... any news on the Go front? I'm adding a bunch of aps to my iLiad and that would be a good one to have.
If there were full java support, we could use a number of go programs, most especially Jago and GnuGo...