Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #76
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
I like it too. I only wonder if there should be some kind of indiciation that it's MobileRead. You know, like for instance the small 'e' in the Engadget logo.
Something along these lines (though not this, specifically)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MR Logo.png
Views:	795
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	7780  
Old 12-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #77
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I am more than willing to "brand" that logo more if it is deemed needed. The likelyhood that the logo will be present on something without the text "mobileread.com" is pretty low. On the page of a distributed ebook, I would like to see something like
This book provided free of charge by
https://www.mobileread.com
[LOGO]
TagLine

I also had another idea, that implys electronics, and books :-) I will admit its a huge hack job at this point :-)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bookicon.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	7781  
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #78
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Something along these lines (though not this, specifically)?
Hmm. I am not an artist... but I was thinking of something way more abstract; isn't that usually how logos work? In my opinion the logo should *hint* at what MobileRead is all about. You know, in an artistic way. With less graphic detail perhaps.

I like some logos made by this person: http://www.szadaj.com/ci.xml?_offset=30
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #79
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
just a quick reminder about what to look for in a logo

http://www.2jdhosting.com/ge/logogame/
http://logoquiz.net/
http://www.paulsquiz.com/free_quiz_q...z/Logo_Quiz_1/

look at a couple of these and ask yourself why you did or didnt recognize these logos.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #80
jharker
Developer
jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jharker could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: iRex iLiad v1, Blackberry Tour, Kindle DX, iPad.
I've totally dropped out and been lurking for a while because of thesis stuff... 'nuff said.

However, I wanted to chime in and say I really liked amaysingstories's entry. Here it is again:

Name:	MobileRead Logo c.JPG
Views:	1166
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	7782

It's bold, simple, iconic, and has the MobileRead reference.
Advert
Old 12-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #81
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The only problem with it now that I see it again is the hand is on the wrong side. The 505 buttons moved to the right.
Some of us have 500s and the button position is correct.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #82
modermo
modermo began at the beginning.

Device: I wish I had a cybook. I wish.
my submission

hey

new here.... been hovering around waiting for cybook realease, which was about 3 months, (should have been 2). But I love it here, and am staying. Here are my submissions.

All colours are customisable, so if mobileread needs anything in particular, I am happy to make some changes.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=86
Old 12-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #83
modermo

Forgot to say....

Click on the images to see the right colour!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:33 PM   #84
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
modermo, I am having difficulties viewing your attachment. In what format did you upload them?
Old 12-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #85
modermo

Jpegs

Why isnt it working? I uploaded them properly. I am also getting this error message.

Any1 have answer??
Old 12-12-2007, 06:18 PM   #86
modermo

CHANGED jpgs to pngs

Perhaps this should work

Changed the format to PNG Images
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mb1.png
Views:	881
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	7794   Click image for larger version

Name:	mb2.png
Views:	894
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	7795   Click image for larger version

Name:	mb5.png
Views:	852
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	7796   Click image for larger version

Name:	mb6.png
Views:	864
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	7797   Click image for larger version

Name:	mb4.png
Views:	841
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	7798  
Old 12-12-2007, 06:23 PM   #87
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
modermo, you uploaded your designs with a jpg extension; however, as it turns out, they are Adobe PSD files.

Edit: your second attempt looks great, the PNG files load fine.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #88
Barry_Tikkanen
Barry_Tikkanen began at the beginning.

Device: Visor Edge and Nokia n770 internet tablet
Hello to All

This is my first post and entry into the contest. I tried to go with something simple but representative. Attachment is in PNG, SVG is available upon request. I have left space below the name for a tag line.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mobileread.png
Views:	887
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	7805  
Old 12-13-2007, 12:38 AM   #89
amaysingstories
amaysingstories is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
I've totally dropped out and been lurking for a while because of thesis stuff... 'nuff said.

However, I wanted to chime in and say I really liked amaysingstories's entry. Here it is again:

Attachment 7782

It's bold, simple, iconic, and has the MobileRead reference.

Thanks, jharker!
Old 12-13-2007, 10:15 AM   #90
Infrid
Infrid began at the beginning.

Device: Cellulose
hi guys!

my desings are inspirated by ink stain, for the tagline i think "Ink like no other" (like the TVs ) because the e-ink allows you to be able to read without tired your eyes.
I used Inkscape, the svg source are available upon request (is not "font indipendent", i will fix it later), here a png and pdf version.

I hope you like them, every desing have a number.

bye
Infrid

i forgot the files and make a mess with the forum, sorry...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PNG_Infrid's logos.png
Views:	910
Size:	233.3 KB
ID:	7820  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PDF_Infrid's logos.pdf (872.6 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by Infrid; 12-13-2007 at 10:18 AM.
Closed Thread