Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-04-2015, 04:35 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Which plugins need to be fixed since Calibre 2.23?

Which plugins are going to bomb when run under Calibre 2.23 and later unless they get fixed?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:38 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Which plugins are going to bomb when run under Calibre 2.23 and later unless they get fixed?
How about when you you test them all and tell us which ones don't work.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2015, 08:47 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Jon: If you are talking about the error in Generate Cover, I'm pretty sure it is the only one. I did a scan through the source of all the plugins I have, and none of them have the same code. I am pretty sure it was only this plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:38 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Count of outright fails:

Count Pages only burped 1 time, then ran

Modify EPUB 0

Quality Check (to the menu: never have used ALL of those possible checks). 0
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I updated to 2.23 yesterday and found that I had lost the Kepub Output 2.33 plugin and (I think) KoboTouch Extended. I couldn't re-install and reverted Calibre to 2.22 just to see that I wasn't loosing my marbles.

I had only just got my new Windows 8.1 machine loaded with Calibre and thought it was an issue with my setting things up.

These two are critical to me - TBH it was the problems I was having with the XP compatible Calibre that got me to put my hand in my pocket and buy a new machine.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BobC: Both the Kepub output plugin and the KoboTouchExtended driver are working fine here with calibre 2.23 on my Win7 machine.

What is the error you are seeing?
Old 04-05-2015, 04:37 AM   #7
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@davidfor,

Thanks for that reassuring comment - I'll re-update to 2.23 and see what happens this time, preserving the errors if they occur.

BobC
Old 04-05-2015, 04:53 AM   #8
BobC
Guru

@davidfor :

I have now updated to 2.23 and the Kepub output and Enhanced driver disappeared from those shown as installed (i.e. they were there and working in the 2.22 installation but didn't show up following the update).

When I tried to install them this is what I got :

Kepub Output :
calibre, version 2.23.0
ERROR: Plug-in installation failed: A problem occurred while installing this plug-in. This plug-in will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message from the details below into the forum thread for this plug-in and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 712, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 388, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 195, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.koboconversion.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KEPubOutput

--------------
KoboTouch Extended Driver :
calibre, version 2.23.0
ERROR: Plug-in installation failed: A problem occurred while installing this plug-in. This plug-in will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message from the details below into the forum thread for this plug-in and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 712, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 388, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 195, in load
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 179, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.__init__", line 7, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED
-----------------

As I mentioned before I'm running Win 8.1
---------------------
NEW INFORMATION:

This is odd - although I restarted Calibre after attempted plugin installations the above was true. I have now shut down Calibre fully, waited a couple of minutes then re-started. This time both plugins install o.k.

There is clearly though something odd - why were they not "carried over" like other plugins when I updated Calibre ?

BobC

Last edited by BobC; 04-05-2015 at 05:11 AM. Reason: NEW INFORMATION
Old 04-05-2015, 07:05 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

My first thought would be that the plugin files were corrupt. But, that doesn't explain the rest of it. I can't think of anything for the later errors.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BobC & davidfor - I had a similar issue yesterday, I installed jackie-w's revised Count Pages (manually), restarted calibre via ctrl/r --- jackie's change wasn't in the config screen - WTF!

I checked to see if the plugin code in config/resources had jackie's changes - it did. So I restarted calibre in debug - whaddya know - jackie's new option was in the config panel

To be certain I installed jackie's PI in V2.22 portable, restarted, jackie's new config option was there. I was prepared to admit I was mistaken on first install

But after reading your post I'm not so sure. Something similar happened recently, I changed something that needed restart, a Tweak I think, and I had to do 2 restarts to make it 'stick' - again I blamed myself.

Makes me wonder if Windows is saying - 'ah, I already have an intact image of that loaded, so I'll just reuse it' - surely not

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-05-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:04 AM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, it does sound like calibre was restarted without running the initialisation. And Windows deciding it had a copy in memory to reuse. I haven't been paying attention to the changes in Windows for this sort of thing, so I don't know if this is the cause.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:41 AM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@davidfor - that was a tongue-cheek-suggestion, borne from similar experience in the 70s, can't recall if it was RSX-11 (DEC) or OS/32 (Interdata) - can you believe both were used on the same job. Took more than a few days to diagnose - what was the job, SCADA for power supply - a very big power supply,

Could be a flaky disk caching algo - Hitachi SSD here.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-06-2015 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:12 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Today I installed Jackie's modified Count Pages plugin. I restarted Caibre and had no problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:22 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I've had a similar plug-in install error in the past, restarting calibre didn't help. Restarting my computer did.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 10:42 AM   #15
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Plugin Quick preferences hasn't been working properly for a while. Whatever you set, like "read metadata from file contents" - the setting is ignored for the next book added. When adding further books it works.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote