Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
Raduz
Raduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheese

Device: PRS-505, Kobo Glo
Kobo to get Pocket integration!

I don't know if anybody else have already posted this, but I have just found following announcement via the Twitter.

http://getpocket.com/blog/2013/08/po...-kobo-devices/

I have never found much use for the Pocket on a computer (I can read original article directly) or a phone (I don't like to read long text on a small screen). Now having it integrated in an e-reader is a completely different story, and I think it's pretty neat function to have.
Raduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Great news! Thanks

It also means that a new firmware update is coming around Sept. 13th
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Pocket could be just the thing for fanfic readers, yes?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
justywusty
Enthusiast
justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.justywusty can talk to the animals.

Device: kobo touch
Love pocket! And I've got over 130 saved articles to read already!
justywusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
If you have an older Kobo and are bummed that you cannot take advantage of this opportunity, take heart! With Calibre and Pocket's rival Instapaper, you can have the same setup with only a small amount of additional effort and zero cost of upgrading.
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousj View Post
If you have an older Kobo and are bummed that you cannot take advantage of this opportunity, take heart! With Calibre and Pocket's rival Instapaper, you can have the same setup with only a small amount of additional effort and zero cost of upgrading.
It seems to be integrated to older devices as well. All of them or not remains to be known
Old 08-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
I have a gut feeling (which means zip) that the Aura HD & Glo will receive a Pocket update. The other eReader's....nah.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
I have a gut feeling (which means zip) that the Aura HD & Glo will receive a Pocket update. The other eReader's....nah.
I'd add the Mini to that list being as it's still a "current" device and they all use the same firmware currently.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
samhy
Wizard

But they all have the same WIFI capacities, haven't they? That's why I'm really expecting to see it on all of them
Also, and I'm starting to quote that everywhere, but the Pocket people have written (bold part was made by me):
Quote:
Pocket will be available on Kobo e-readers starting Sept. 13 as part of Kobo’s enhanced Reading Life platform, in the Articles from Pocket section on the Kobo 6” Aura and on all previous e-readers with their over-the-air software update.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
That is the main reason I use Pocket--I am very excited!

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #11
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Great news! Thanks

It also means that a new firmware update is coming around Sept. 13th
Good! Maybe they'll fix the multiple shelf issue!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #12
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Very interesting. Thanks for the posting. This could be quite useful although I might mostly use it between my laptop when I'm at my desk and my Android tablet when I'm in my LazyBoy.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Nice, but not anything essential to me. I read Pocket articles on my tablet. My reader never is connected to Wi-Fi after the initial set up. Still, I applaud Kobo for offering it!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:47 AM   #14
rethec
rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rethec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Why do you not use an calibre-Plugin for your fanfiction?
A year ago I had a kindle and I used the send to kindle option rather excessive for my fanfiction. I thought it was pretty cool. With Pocket it would be the same. Know I have a Kobo and use the FanFictionDownLoader for calibre and thing it is even better. You can organize the stuff and I like it, that you have all chapters available. Sometimes it is nice to look what the last chapter contained.
But neverless I think the Pocket integration is pretty neat
rethec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:56 AM   #15
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Nice, but not anything essential to me. I read Pocket articles on my tablet. My reader never is connected to Wi-Fi after the initial set up. Still, I applaud Kobo for offering it!
Me either. With as much time and difficulty I've had the 2 times I've synced or tried to sync my Glo, I most definitely will not upgrade the firmware for Pocket which I would never use on the Glo. Maybe it will be faster on the Aura. Sounds like a nightmare to me. I want my ereaders for reading books. My tablets are great for news and articles. My Glo will remain off line forever and most likely I will never upgrade firmware again. 2.6.1 is just the way I want it. (The next one took away features that I want!)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote