Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #76
mrque
mrque began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Did you use update file(and update feature) for this step? or just DK_System folder (and restart)?
I copied the DK_System folder, then I used the update file.

BTW, the original Duokan supported DJVU, CHM and DOC files in addition to PDF and TXT. Are there plans to get them back in Duokan Lite some day?

Thanks for your help.
mrque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #77
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrque View Post

BTW, the original Duokan supported DJVU, CHM and DOC files in addition to PDF and TXT. Are there plans to get them back in Duokan Lite some day?

Thanks for your help.
you did not need to use an update file since you had an installed Duokan on your Kindle. copying just DK_Sytem Folder and rebooting Kindle would be enough. see: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13#post1778613

I have no exact info since I'm not a member of Duokan Team. I think they will add this formats also. You can add this to the Wish List page
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #78
jribeiro
jribeiro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Everything is ok on 3.3

Thanks Thomass. Everything is working. I think it was just a matter of pressing keys at correct pace.
jribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:29 PM   #79
jribeiro
jribeiro began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Annotate pdf

Is it possible to annotate a pdf document in Duokan Lite? How?
jribeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:00 PM   #80
eve123
eve123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle wifi
i hope for your help, me english is not the best...

i never have installed a jailbreak oder duokan.

i have done this now on my 3.3 kindle wifi:

1- uninstall jailbreak(if any)
2- choose update files according to this:
Spoiler:
3- copy Dk_Sytem and update files
4- restart Kindle, choose Duokan Lite (Q) on boot screen.
(If your Kindle has firmware 3.2.1 then you might need to reset your kindle to factory default before each attempt (see this post)

and i have always a screen with "update not successful..." error "r to resume"

what i do wrong?

Last edited by eve123; 10-23-2011 at 06:05 PM.
eve123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #81
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eve123 View Post
i hope for your help, me english is not the best...

i never have installed a jailbreak oder duokan.

i have done this now on my 3.3 kindle wifi:

1- uninstall jailbreak(if any)
2- choose update files according to this:
Spoiler:
4- restart Kindle, choose Duokan Lite (Q) on boot screen.
(If your Kindle has firmware 3.2.1 then you might need to reset your kindle to factory default before each attempt (see this post)

and i have always a screen with "update not successful..." error "r to resume"

what i do wrong?
sorry it's my mistake:

try this:
0- Back-up your all data in Kindle (they will be deleted)
1-return Kindle to factory defaults: menu>settings>menu>Reset to Factory Defaults
2- choose update files
4- update using menu>settings>menu>Update your Kindle
5- choose Duokan Lite (Q) on boot screen.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #82
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jribeiro View Post
Is it possible to annotate a pdf document in Duokan Lite? How?
not possible. (you can add this to the wish list )
Old 10-24-2011, 02:18 AM   #83
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jribeiro View Post
I'm now a happy Duokan Lite user. I have 3.1 firmware and I'm considering updating to 3.3. Is DL compatible? Do I need to reinstall DL? Thanks.
Accoring to some user's report,it's ok for 3.3firmware to install or release duokanLite。
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:43 AM   #84
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Thank you Tracy for your & your colleagues' participation in the forum - it's very reassuring.

As I wrote previously, I did not find it necessary to remove the JB, or reset to Factory defaults to install DKL successfully. I installed DKL *after* I upgraded the 3.1 firmware to 3.3.

After installing lite10221452rtm a couple of days ago I notice K3's volume control no longer works for the audio player, & wonder if other users notice this or if it's confined to my K3? Volume control works fine in Kindle mode.

Is there a Playlist specific extension, eg. *.m3u, *.pls ?

Is the extension for DJVU files .djvu?

Thanks.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #85
savy
savy began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrque View Post

Thanks for your help.
no plan for doc and chm, the mobi will be shown some day.
savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #86
savy
savy began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvjohn View Post
Thank you Tracy for your & your colleagues' participation in the forum - it's very reassuring.

As I wrote previously, I did not find it necessary to remove the JB, or reset to Factory defaults to install DKL successfully. I installed DKL *after* I upgraded the 3.1 firmware to 3.3.

After installing lite10221452rtm a couple of days ago I notice K3's volume control no longer works for the audio player, & wonder if other users notice this or if it's confined to my K3? Volume control works fine in Kindle mode.

Is there a Playlist specific extension, eg. *.m3u, *.pls ?

Is the extension for DJVU files .djvu?

Thanks.
Volume key Bug will be fixed in next release.
savy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #87
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by savy View Post
Volume key Bug will be fixed in next release.
Thank you kindly Savy, & thanks to the DK team for a very useful enhancement of Kindle
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #88
banuays
banuays began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi+3G
Question Few questions from a newbie

Hello to all, thank you for this perfect application for Kindle. I just got my Kindle less than a week ago, and working hard to learn things here.

I successfully installed jailbreak, Duokan Lite (1022) and Launchpad. Everything works fine and fluent now (though I couldn't only achieve to install usbNetworking).

I launch my Duokan Lite from inside the Kindle with ^DS. I am missing some functionality. Can you tell me if this is normal or I have a problem:
  1. Smart layout for pdf is missing. (is it only available at full Duokan?)
  2. Zoom in&out shortcut. I remember there was such a shortcut to make accurate zooming for PDFs. Am I wrong?
  3. Screensaver. I put some pics inside the saver folder. But only existing page freezes as the screensaver.

Thanks for the help!
banuays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #89
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by banuays View Post
Hello to all, thank you for this perfect application for Kindle. I just got my Kindle less than a week ago, and working hard to learn things here.

I successfully installed jailbreak, Duokan Lite (1022) and Launchpad. Everything works fine and fluent now (though I couldn't only achieve to install usbNetworking).

I launch my Duokan Lite from inside the Kindle with ^DS. I am missing some functionality. Can you tell me if this is normal or I have a problem:
  1. Smart layout for pdf is missing. (is it only available at full Duokan?)
  2. Zoom in&out shortcut. I remember there was such a shortcut to make accurate zooming for PDFs. Am I wrong?
  3. Screensaver. I put some pics inside the saver folder. But only existing page freezes as the screensaver.

Thanks for the help!
^D S is to load to DuokanLite quickly to read pdf files. Unfortunately as you notice it can't load some functions of Duokan Lite. To use Duokan Lite in its full loaded form you can either load it via doukanloader3, doukanloader2 (see the first post) or from the boot screen (after a restart).

BTW: It is welcome if anyone has a better way to load Duokan lite inside Kindle.

1- Smart pdf is missing: That is right . ^DS could not load properly ePub and txt files also
2- Zoom in&out: did you try shift+ FW-up and Shift+FW-down ? (it should work)
3- Screensaver: that is right ( But we have to use a hack to achieve this on KindleOS )

Last edited by thomass; 10-27-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #90
banuays
banuays began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi+3G
Thanks for the fast reply! Here are my remarks:
Quote:
1- Smart pdf is missing: That is right . ^DS could not load properly ePub and txt files also
Ok, if I can use the zoom, I can live without the smart layout.

Quote:
2- Zoom in&out: did you try shift+ FW-up and Shift+FW-down ? (it should work)
I couldn't exactly understand the combination. I tried Shift+Next Page and Prev Page. It seems to jump a few pages, to the end and beginning (also a useful combination though!). Also I tried Shift+Up and down arrow keys (and left and right). No success with any of them!

Quote:
3- Screensaver: that is right ( But we have to use a hack to achieve this on KindleOS )
That SS hack is perfect, but mine is "Special Offers" kindle. I managed to prevent Kindle Ads to pop up, but I cannot make the SS hack work. I guess it is because of special offers, or I am doing something wrong.

(bu güzel çalışmalarınız için gerçekten elinize sağlık)
banuays is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf