Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-12-2017, 06:48 PM   #46
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
By which? The book or the 12 step program?
You got me!
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #47
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I got it from a reliable source (Bubba), that Dale is not a person but a AI writing module.

(And I thought that no one could write worse than my "Red" stories. . . )
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #48
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Dale M. Courtney is probably a worse writer than you are, but I'm getting the impression he might be the savvier businessman.
Anyone interested in seeing my investment tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
. . . I have it on good authority that he's an alien working on "Plan 10."
That would explain a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
There are 12-step groups for people like you, brother. I'm sure that everyone here would happily try to help you, if you just admitted the problem and asked. . . .
I'm Tom Sharpe and Plan 9 From Outer Space is one of my all-time favorite movies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I got it from a reliable source (Bubba), that Dale is not a person but a AI writing module. . . .
I doubt it. Most AIs display a greater understanding of human emotions.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:35 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm still of the mind that if the free version is not fixed, I may report it. I'm not paying $7.99 for an eBook when there is a free version and if the free verson if crap, then the free version needs to go away.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:10 PM   #50
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
There is some sort of challenge being presented here: Can you write bad enough that people will want to buy your book just to see how bad it is?

Could it be that DMC is actually extraordinarily talented? Maybe he's starting a new trend.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2017, 11:21 PM   #51
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
There is some sort of challenge being presented here: Can you write bad enough that people will want to buy your book just to see how bad it is?

Could it be that DMC is actually extraordinarily talented? Maybe he's starting a new trend.
What do you expect from a floss company?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:41 AM   #52
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
What do you expect from a floss company?
I had to look that up to understand it. I figured you weren't talking about a hole at the back of a puddling furnace; it probably wasn't a reference to reeds or rushes; the rough silk which envelopes the cocoon of the silk worm seemed like it might be getting close (you can see I've put my OED to good use - I almost wrote OCD which I thought was rather funny and close to the mark anyway). But Duck-duck-go did better than OED and found that DMC is the maker of threads referred to as floss (so from the OED that would be silk in fine filaments = floss-silk). Dictionary.com tells me floss can mean "silk filaments with little or no twist, used in weaving as brocade or in embroidery." My, the things you learn while chatting on the 'net.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:12 AM   #53
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

I thought that was a given for Indie writers?

Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #54
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Perhaps we need a Dale M. Courtney Writing Emulation Thread?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #55
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
NO NO NO NO NO.

Really, why go to all that effort? We can find DMC emulators--advertent and inadvertent--all over Amazon and SW.

Hitch (who shudders to think.....)
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #56
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm still of the mind that if the free version is not fixed, I may report it. I'm not paying $7.99 for an eBook when there is a free version and if the free verson if crap, then the free version needs to go away.
Link to the free version?

And Hitch, what is SW?
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #57
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchbook View Post
Link to the free version?

And Hitch, what is SW?
Smashwords.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:26 AM   #58
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
I had to look that up to understand it. I figured you weren't talking about a hole at the back of a puddling furnace; it probably wasn't a reference to reeds or rushes; the rough silk which envelopes the cocoon of the silk worm seemed like it might be getting close (you can see I've put my OED to good use - I almost wrote OCD which I thought was rather funny and close to the mark anyway). But Duck-duck-go did better than OED and found that DMC is the maker of threads referred to as floss (so from the OED that would be silk in fine filaments = floss-silk). Dictionary.com tells me floss can mean "silk filaments with little or no twist, used in weaving as brocade or in embroidery." My, the things you learn while chatting on the 'net.
I thought someone might learn something. I just posted the first thing that popped in my head.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #59
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Smashwords.
What she said.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:18 PM   #60
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
NO NO NO NO NO.

Really, why go to all that effort? We can find DMC emulators--advertent and inadvertent--all over Amazon and SW.

Hitch (who shudders to think.....)
Hitch, there's a difference. Most of the emulators are just poor imitations. How many attract such eloquent reviews? How many attract buyers just to see if it can really be as bad as it seems? This is a real talent.

It's like those physical comedy people that can fall and stumble or do gymnastics badly ... and so on. Or musicians that can play badly in an entertaining way. They are truly skilled people.

No, writing this badly this well is not for the faint of heart. It's a challenge to be taken up by only the most skilled professionals.