Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #8416
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
All the covers would change. They would all be corrected.
No, some would be "correct" and some would be "incorrect".
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 11:12 AM   #8417
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
You used to see the cover every time you picked up the book you were reading. But, eBooks open at the last page you read. The only time I see the cover is when I pick a book in Calibre and first open the book. I have never obsessed over covers since most of them have nothing what so ever to do with what is actually going on in the book.
Apache
Yeah, see...this is me. Yes, of course, like all humans, I looked at covers, etc., when I used to rummage in bookstores. But between online shopping and my movie to the Outer Boonies, that's not a typical day for me any longer. Now, I use other shopping methodologies for finding books I might like and covers just don't do it for me any longer. I don't remember, truly, the last time I flipped back to see a cover on a Kindle book.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2020, 11:23 AM   #8418
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
No, some would be "correct" and some would be "incorrect".
Why would some be correct and some incorrect? All cover should be updated to be correct for the given book.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:52 AM   #8419
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Why would some be correct and some incorrect? All cover should be updated to be correct for the given book.
No Jon, some would be correct and some would be incorrect. I mean, do you honestly think that whoever updated these covers would actually agree with you about what the correct cover was?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:26 PM   #8420
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Yet again, another really awful cover. All the covers need to be redone. They are all awful. All the covers are a pile of stinking garbage.
now don't hold back PLEASE say what you mean!
zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2020, 04:34 PM   #8421
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool 20th Anniversary Party at ECCC!

20th Anniversary Party at ECCC!
By priscellie

Another awesome news story that couldn’t wait for the next Dresden Drop: Emerald City Comic Con is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party at 6pm on March 12th, and tickets are on sale NOW! This event is available to anyone with a ticket–you do NOT need to have a con badge to attend the event.

Here’s the press release: ...

See the complete post here.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #8422
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Events, RPG Art, and More!

Posted at jim-butcher.com

Events, RPG Art, and More!

Posted by priscellie on 2020/01/28 at 12:35 pm

Old 02-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #8423
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Since it's almost 8 months till the release of Peace Talks and I'm just past the beginning of Cold Days in my re-read of The Dresden Files (I started the re-read a little too soon), I'm slowing down by inserting some non-Dresden Files books into my reading repertoire. I've just finished Martin L. Shoemaker's The Last Dance and pre-ordered the second in that series, The Near-Earth Mysteries, titled The Last Campaign (to be released on October 6th of next year, too late to help my slow down. anyway I just started reading the recently released mystery, Alaskan Christmas Cold Case by Sarah Varland. Since I lived in Alaska for a good part of the 60's, books set in Alaska tend to interest me.

After I finished reading Alaskan Christmas Cold Case where some memories of mine were tickled a bit (an address on Rabbit Creek Road was visited in the story). Since I used to live in a log cabin on Rabbit Creek Road back in the 60's that fact tickled my memory. So with a taste for Alaska having risen up in me and since the 22nd book in the Kate Shugak series by Dana Stabenow, No Fixed Line, was just released on the 14'th of last month I read it next. It was, as far as I'm concerned, the best Kate Shugak novel yet! So, now I've just begun reading the 22nd book in the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly The Night Fire.

Old 02-01-2020, 09:49 PM   #8424
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
After I finished reading Alaskan Christmas Cold Case where some memories of mine were tickled a bit (an address on Rabbit Creek Road was visited in the story). Since I used to live in a log cabin on Rabbit Creek Road back in the 60's that fact tickled my memory. So with a taste for Alaska having risen up in me and since the 22nd book in the Kate Shugak series by Dana Stabenow, No Fixed Line, was just released on the 14'th of last month I read it next. It was, as far as I'm concerned, the best Kate Shugak novel yet! So, now I've just begun reading the 22nd book in the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelly The Night Fire.

I'm a Bosch/Haller fan - the TV show is also not bad. Have you read Rankin or Nesbo or Adler-Olsen? I'm now on Tana French's Dublin Murder squad series, looking forward to the Starz adaptation when it comes out on DVD.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:52 PM   #8425
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I'm a Bosch/Haller fan - the TV show is also not bad. Have you read Rankin or Nesbo or Adler-Olsen? I'm now on Tana French's Dublin Murder squad series, looking forward to the Starz adaptation when it comes out on DVD.
Mickey Haller plays a big part in this book and concerning the TV show, this book is dedicated to Titus Welliver!

I'm not familiar with Rankin, Nesbo, Adler-Olsen or Tana French.

Old 02-03-2020, 08:15 PM   #8426
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Mickey Haller plays a big part in this book and concerning the TV show, this book is dedicated to Titus Welliver!

Just suggestions I always make to people who like Bosch...
Old 02-03-2020, 09:39 PM   #8427
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:

Any idea why the dedication? Does the TV show boost book sales that much?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:39 PM   #8428
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Reading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I don't know about book sales but here's the dedication:

...................For Titus Welliver,
for breathing life into Harry Bosch.
.................Hold Fast.

I'd guess that Connelly likes the show.

Old 02-03-2020, 10:54 PM   #8429
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
FWIW, audiobook for Peace Talks is available for Preorder at Audible. I'm only up to Dead Beat. I'm kindof split between Dresden files and Shannara series rereads. Terry Brooks is ending Shannara - final book comes out in June as well, but no indication when audio is out. Fitting in Dresden here and there!

Last edited by Tarana; 02-03-2020 at 11:00 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:24 AM   #8430
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I started the books after watching S2 of the show. TW really is dead on as Bosch. I wish I could say the same of Steven Strait in The Expanse...

Bosch is Amazon's best show IMO and I assume Connelly is paid well for the rights. It's an absolute shame he sold the rights to Haller - the show would be even better if they could use him (though Mimi Rogers did a super job substituting as Bosch's lawyer).

Very few TV detectives live up to their book characters, but another one that was dead on is Maury Chaykin and Timothy Hutton in the A&E Nero Wolfe.

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 02-04-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy