Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #16
wakkaday
Zealot
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
can you pleaase guide me how to do this on my qnap

the principal would be similar? i want to use my existing library which is on my nas

thanks
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2017, 11:41 PM   #17
mjg
mjg began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
can you pleaase guide me how to do this on my qnap

the principal would be similar? i want to use my existing library which is on my nas

thanks
So I checked and QNAP does have Docker (They call it container station.) You should probably check out their documentation or support forums for getting it up and running, but once you have docker installed you should be able to use the exact same pack mentioned here.

Edit: PS, if you want to send me a QNAP that supports containerstation with a couple drives, I would be more than happy to put together a guide for you!

Last edited by mjg; 02-03-2017 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added PS
mjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:09 AM   #18
iostrym
Connoisseur
iostrym began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Hi all,

Juste to be sure that I have correctly understood the finality of this.

the goal is to have a calibre running in the synology nas and to be able to have several people that could use it.

but what is the client ?

a calibre Pc windows ? or do people need synology session and launch a calibre GUi in the nas ?
iostrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:11 AM   #19
magphil
Connoisseur
magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!magphil , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3, Kobo glow
Hello,

I have installed calibre on docker.
All works find and I can get the gui

BUT, when calibre is started, HDs no longer hibernate. Is this normal ?

If I were to install calibre directly on the synology without docker, would it also prevent hibernation ?

And when install directly on the synology, how do you access the gui ?

Thanks
magphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #20
BeerBoyUK
BeerBoyUK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 & Sony PRS-T3
Hello Danfozzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danfozzy View Post
right, ive sussed some so it lol

not had chance to play with the server yet, trying to get the program right first.
Did you ever get the server for the client working? When I try to connect using my ebook reader, alll I see is 'No books found'. Are there any additional settings that need to be made?

Last edited by BeerBoyUK; 05-20-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: I was drunk at original posting and forgot a few words
BeerBoyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2017, 06:31 PM   #21
tweety
Enthusiast
tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tweety ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Well getting the GUI to work was straight forward on the QNAP, but I still haven't got the Server working, I'm assuming it's the lack of the config.
tweety is offline   Reply With Quote