Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #61
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehrler View Post
That is not how the iOS apps that I use which have transitioned to subscriptions work.

Look, for example, at how Scanbot has done it.
You can always simply not upgrade to the version that has subscription turned on and just keep using that version.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #62
jehrler
Enthusiast
jehrler began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
You can always simply not upgrade to the version that has subscription turned on and just keep using that version.
BTW, that's exactly what I have done with Scanbot as the new features are not, as of yet, worth it. But when an iOS update breaks it then, if no committment to at least some time of compatibility, then that option is no more.
jehrler is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #63
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostJen View Post
All that is needed is to configure and turn on calibre’s content server or use something like COPS. Then connect Marvin to the OPDS source.
Could you point me in a direction? I don't know what COPS or OPDS means to even start researching how to use them.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:06 PM   #64
samcohen
Connoisseur
samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
If everyone could help me prioritize the features you want within the Trello board that would be awesome.

You all have great ideas and I'm excited to still make this a great app.

Just found out that during the transfer from one apple developer account to another it disconnects the database library and now it should not happen again unless I were to transfer to another developer. This was our first update so it was inevitable.

Hopefully, it's not too annoying to replace your same settings and I apologize for the inconvenience.
samcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:20 PM   #65
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcohen View Post
If everyone could help me prioritize the features you want within the Trello board that would be awesome.

You all have great ideas and I'm excited to still make this a great app.

Just found out that during the transfer from one apple developer account to another it disconnects the database library and now it should not happen again unless I were to transfer to another developer. This was our first update so it was inevitable.

Hopefully, it's not too annoying to replace your same settings and I apologize for the inconvenience.
One thing you could do is make the grouping work again. Ex. authors do not show all the authors, titles, tags, etc do not show all the books. Kinda useless if you can't see what books you have.
Advert
Old 09-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #66
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Could you point me in a direction? I don't know what COPS or OPDS means to even start researching how to use them.
COPS
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=170903
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:04 AM   #67
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
Just came here to figure out the meaning of this subscription thing in the release notes and I am glad I didn’t upgrade. This is the first I heard about the change in ownership as well. Paid for this app a year or two ago and my 10k library has never been very stable but was excited to use it on my new iPad because I mostly use it for browsing the covers.

I would be more than willing to pay for it again but I try to avoid subscriptions whenever possible. I barely use it as it is.

Thank you for considering our feedback and I wish you best of luck as I certainly understand your desire to make money off your acquisition!!
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:32 AM   #68
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yeah, I already found that, but 116 pages is intimidating and it still doesn't say what OPDS or COPS stands for. Thanks anyway.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:36 AM   #69
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
I've just subscribed to the Trello board to see what's cooking, and at least to the general public, there's no information about what's going on, what they're working on or the main bug fix there's in the IOS app.
Even with the scarce information present it's just a mess and confusing.
So in my opinion it's not worth subscribing because you're going to get the same feedback as here: practically none.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #70
samcohen
Connoisseur
samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.samcohen can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm working on it. I find it to be far more organized than searching through forums. What kind of information would you like to know about.
samcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:29 AM   #71
Ramp
Ramp began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro (3rd Generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jehrler View Post
That is not how the iOS apps that I use which have transitioned to subscriptions work.

Look, for example, at how Scanbot has done it.
Isn't this situation similar to Airmail? Wouldn't this violate Apple's App Store guidelines (Imgur link)?
Ramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #72
jehrler
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
Isn't this situation similar to Airmail? Wouldn't this violate Apple's App Store guidelines (Imgur link)?
Nice post. Didn't know about Airmail but Apple's position makes good sense to me (and explains why my experience with apps switching to subscription mode has been relatively consistent).

Sure seems like Sam is going to be in trouble if he tries to make future functionality of existing app for current owners contingent on a subscription (as he seemed to suggest above). Maybe it was just a miscommunication and what he means is that new versions will require a subscription but existing versions will continue to work.

Last edited by jehrler; 09-20-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:09 AM   #73
peaceridge
Guru

It is troubling for me that he crashes our current cc just before he will "miraculously" give us a great update if only we pay him! Seems a bit blackmailish!
Old 09-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #74
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Sam,

Yesterday I spent an hour sending 4022 books by wireless connections to the “new” but definitely not improved Calibre Companion. The transfer was quick but a waste of time because once the books are in the new app they are lost. NOTHING sorts correctly. Searching doesn’t return accurate results.

This app should be pulled because it does not provide any of the basic functionality needed for library organization. I am not happy now, but if I bought CC today I would be livid.

You gave a reason why our libraries got wiped. What is the reason for the loss of basic functionality?

What’s wrong with having a couple of iOS stickies in this forum? Maybe one for wanted new features and one to report problems. Readers who actually use the program know what they need. And btw, nobody needs an app to organize and manage 5-10 books.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:37 AM   #75
jehrler
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
Sam,

<Clip>

Searching doesn’t return accurate results.

<Clip>
I too am surprised that searching, even on a word in the title, is not working. Hadn’t realized this until pointed out above.