Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-25-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Question Used Limited Edition Premium Leather Origami Cover for Kindle Voyage????

I have had my Voyage for about a month or two now and am being drawn towards the Limited Edition Premium Leather Origami Cover. But the price is a bit daunting. Fortunately Amazon has several used ones for a more palatable
price. Has anyone had any experience with buying a used one?
Or do I need to bite the bullet and purchase a new one?
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
I guess it depends on how picky you are. I bought one new over a year ago. I love it, but it does show wear over time, even if good care is taken of it. To me, this gives it character, but I suspect every used one will be different, and some will look better/worse than others. You could take a look at ebay, where you might be able to see a photo of the exact one that is for sale.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2016, 01:17 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
The problem with buying used or damaged you could be getting one that's been pulled

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=249937

I got a Damaged Amazon cover for my Fire 10 My Fire fell out of it ...Lucky for me it was over my bed. Not long after my complaint Amazon took them ALL off the market. Even the New ones.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:58 PM   #4
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have the premium leather cover for my Voyage. With very careful handling it has marks all over it. I wouldn't want someone's used one who may not have treated it gently - i.e. food or grease marks. In this case I think it's worth biting the bullet.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
I have had my Voyage for about a month or two now and am being drawn towards the Limited Edition Premium Leather Origami Cover. But the price is a bit daunting. Fortunately Amazon has several used ones for a more palatable
price. Has anyone had any experience with buying a used one?
Or do I need to bite the bullet and purchase a new one?
Are you using one of the other origami covers at the moment? I confess I'm just swapping my (non-premium, non-leather) genuine Amazon Origami cover for a much cheaper, lighter case.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2016, 02:44 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have the "standard" (ie not the premium) Origami leather cover for my Voyage and like it a lot.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I have the premium Origami leather cover and I love it but I would never recommend anyone buy a used one. I does scratch up and it does get to the point of looking very dirty. I wipe mine down and clean it with a lightly damp cloth.
But I would never buy one used.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 03:48 PM   #8
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolja View Post
I have the premium leather cover for my Voyage. With very careful handling it has marks all over it.
The same is true of my merlot Oasis cover. Frankly this leather stuff seems not made for hard wearing at all -- I'd have preferred a plastic cover, but they don't do one...
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:01 PM   #9
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
On the other hand, "used" may simply mean some one opened it, didn't love it, and returned it -- if the seller is still Amazon I wouldn't worry about it; if it's a third party, then what everyone above said I think is proper caution.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 05:15 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I would ask what is your budget?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:31 PM   #11
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wonderful,thought out responses here to my question. Thanks one and all. I do agree, used could be a very bad deal and after thinking about and reading the responses here, I really would not buy a use one. I did a lot of searching online and eventually found one at the Amazon warehouse. It was described as used but in like new condition....and it was for $20 less than a brand new one. Who would not like that? So it should be at my house by Saturday, and if I don't like it, meaning if it doesn't really look like brand new, I have the option to send it back....Darn right I will send it back!! So here is hoping the case is really in like new condition. I don't see that I can lose here...but you never really know. As an aside....I really do love my Voyage.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:30 PM   #12
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Are you using one of the other origami covers at the moment? I confess I'm just swapping my (non-premium, non-leather) genuine Amazon Origami cover for a much cheaper, lighter case.
Had to swap mine too because it was not fully closing after several months, spine was loose and Voyage stayed on, thus using battery.
Went back to using cheap book cover type with magnet.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:56 AM   #13
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
I love my regular origami cover. Has held up well. I also love that it is purple. Amazon didn't make too many of them (maybe they didn't sell well?).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #14
Kolja
Zealot
Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolja ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The origami cover is my all time favorite. I use the stand often when reading. I have the premium leather and red leather and both have held up well, except for the expected "patina" on the premium one.
Kolja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #15
Kaysclie
Addict

It looks like I did a lot of worrying for nothing, and I mean that in a good way.
My Limited Edition premium leather origami cover from Amazon Warehouse arrived in today's mail. It seems to be a brand new one, or to say looks brand new, as the selling description had stated. I love the look and feel of it...like an old leather jacket, the kind you keep forever. My Voyage is staying in it!!
Thanks to everyone who offered an opinion to my question.