Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2020, 10:04 PM   #886
dexter94
dexter94 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@dexter94:

No idea what you're trying to say. More details, perhaps?
I updated to the amazon lastest firm without putting anything ore, i was jailbroken before...
dexter94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:40 AM   #887
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Use the doc, Luke.

Quote:
As mentioned earlier, an official FW update will basically throw you back to the post-hotfix step: you'll basically have to reinstall anything that came bundled in a .bin, except for the hotfix/bridge itself.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #888
MrTick
Enhtusiast
MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 DxG PW1 KV PW4
Sooo, I think I've bricked my PW4 for good:

As I hate Kindle Feedback item in my library I've removed its creation from /var/local/mkk/bridge.sh.
Everything went fine, except PRE_GM_<blah> was still created every reboot.

That's when I've found /var/local/system/fixup script.

I've again modified it to skip PRE_GM flag setting, but I've made a typo somewhere ;(
Now the dearest device is in a bootloop, without any chance to even inject emergency.sh...

EDIT:
Fixed!

Being away from my workshop I had only essential toolbox with me. Unfortunately no UART converters there, but I found some stray Pi Zero, hooked it to Kindle's HW serial, entered kernel recovery mode...
There I was able to mount fat partition and upload emergency.sh with some recoveries.
I'm up and running again

Last edited by MrTick; 10-31-2020 at 11:06 AM.
MrTick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:38 PM   #889
unrznbl
unrznbl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg and touch
kindle dx usbnetwork r17925 doesn't work, legacy hacks version (linked above) does

Just tried jailbreak and usbnetwork from the above list and the usbnetwork bin for dxg doesn't get recognized by the kindle menus where the legacy hacks version linked above does get recognized and installs properly it seems.
unrznbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:51 PM   #890
unrznbl
unrznbl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg and touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrznbl View Post
Just tried jailbreak and usbnetwork from the above list and the usbnetwork bin for dxg doesn't get recognized by the kindle menus where the legacy hacks version linked above does get recognized and installs properly it seems.
Sorry. This is the second time I didn't notice

Quote:
Please note that all these packages can only be installed through MRPI (and I strongly recommend using a recent version ), *even* on legacy (<= K4) devices.
So I will restart with jailbreak, mkk, kual, mrpi and then usbnetwork from here.
unrznbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2020, 09:00 PM   #891
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
fbgrab

Just reporting that using the fbgrab tool bundled in a recent usbnet for the K3 (kindle-usbnetwork-0.57.N-r17925) I get

Code:
[root@kindle us]# fbgrab fbgrab.png
fbgrab: /mnt/us/linkss/lib/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /mnt/us/usbnet/lib/libpng16.so.16)
[root@kindle us]#
Probably to be expected on a 10 year old device...
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:01 PM   #892
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@PoP: You'll need to update the ScreenSavers hack, too.

(The rpath entries are searched in order, and libpng searches for zlib in linkss first. If it finds it, it stops looking, even if it's too old).
Old 11-17-2020, 07:13 AM   #893
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
^ Of course.

I (blindly ) did install a recent screen saver but checking the mrinstaller.log I found
Code:
Not enough space left to process ss 0.47.N U, skipping . . . :(
Freed some space, reinstalled and all is good now:

Code:
[root@kindle root]# cd /mnt/us
[root@kindle us]# fbgrab fbgrab.png
Skipping 0 bytes
Resolution: 600x800 @ depth 4
Converting to Gray8
Allocating 480000 bytes for conversion buffer
Now writing PNG file (compression 4)
[root@kindle us]#
Thanks.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 04:37 AM   #894
LarrxX
LarrxX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2019 (KT4)
Exclamation

I wanted to signal a very weird bug : every time I use LibrarianSync to update my collections, I have to reinstall the ScreenSaver Hack!

I have a KT4 running FW5.13.3, ScreenSaver Hack 0.25.N, LibrarianSync directly from github, Calibre 5.6 and KindleCollections pugin v1.7.29.

Whenever I use the Update collections (calibre plugin) in LibrarianSync, every time I turn off my kindle, it keeps displaying the last page it was on (if it's relevant, I run my SS hack in cover mode).

I tried disabling/reenabling the SS Hack, clearing the cache, resetting to default, changing the mode, nothing works. And yes, I Restart framework now after every change.

When I use Preview current ScreenSaver, it just shows a blank page.

If I just reinstall the SS Hack with MRPI, everything goes back to normal.

It's not very annoying to me, since I don't use LibrarianSync that often, but I wanted to point this out just in case.

Happy to provide more info if needed.
LarrxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #895
Eures
Connoisseur
Eures is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Paperwhite 4
Guys, for me it would take a more concise step by step guide, otherwise I get lost.

For example:

PW4 running a 5.13.2 stock firmware

1) Install the latest available factory version of the firmware (5.10.1.3)
2) Create a folder named update.bin.tmp.partial
3) Install the factory jailbreak (Snapshots thread - Packages targeting K5)

What is the difference between K5 Jailbreak and K5 Factory Jailbreak?

Are these steps right so far?
Eures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:00 AM   #896
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@LarrxX: That's... weird. The only way this could be happening that I can think of is if the ccdb REST API somehow now tries to play with the screensavers (perhaps as related to the still-not-yet-in-production amazon cover mode code).

As I don't run anything newer than FW 5.9.x, someone else will have to investigate .
Old 12-04-2020, 10:01 AM   #897
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Eures: start at the beginning.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:55 AM   #898
Eures
Connoisseur
Eures is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Indeed I wanted to post in that thread, not here...
Eures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:45 AM   #899
mateigabriel
mateigabriel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw2 2013 us sn-90D4
Hello,
I have a pw2 2013 us that got updated to 5.12.2. Can i get some help on how to jailbreak this?

Mention: At some point i think i managed to install the HF, but for some reason can not do it anymore.
mateigabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:48 PM   #900
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Minor monthly-ish maintenance release, so, the usual USBNet stuff updates, repackaging for new FW/devices, with the notable fact that Python 3 was updated to 3.9.

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje