Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 02:45 AM   #1
tamarissa
Connoisseur
tamarissa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Collections Not Syncing

I've moved to a new computer recently, and am now having trouble getting collections to sync.
  1. Even though 'Create Collections' is selected, it doesn't.
  2. Even though 'Delete Empty Bookshelves' is selected, it doesn't.
  3. Even though I have filled in the Collection Column to use to populate my collections, it doesn't.

On a slightly different note, the 'Subtitle' feature doesn't work either.

I've plugged in my Kobo and it goes through the plug-in process, I've updated the cashed metadata on device and I've into Kobo Utilities and updated the metadata in device library; these haven't worked either.

What step have I missed? I've attached screenshots of my settings, but the debug file wouldn't upload...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 12.29.47 AM.png
Views:	103
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	183502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 12.30.43 AM.png
Views:	112
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	183503  
tamarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:34 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The driver configuration looks good. The most likely reason that it isn't is that the"Metadata management" option on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences is not set to automatic.

Or, if you have the KoboTouchExtended driver installed, you could be configuring the wrong driver. Check the driver when the device is connected. Right-click the devices button and select the driver configuration option thee. This will show the configuration for the driver being used.

The "Update cached metadata to device" is for calibre's use. It updates a file in the root directory of the device to help calibre match the books on the device to the library. The device does not use it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #3
Hachem40
Hachem40 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo /epub
J'ai un message d'erreur récent en connectant ma liseuse à Calibre/windows. Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider ?

calibre, version 5.5.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 542, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 971, in sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2457, in update_device_database_collections
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 3043, in check_for_bookshelf
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Hachem40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #4
tamarissa
Connoisseur
tamarissa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The driver configuration looks good. The most likely reason that it isn't is that the"Metadata management" option on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences is not set to automatic.

Or, if you have the KoboTouchExtended driver installed, you could be configuring the wrong driver. Check the driver when the device is connected. Right-click the devices button and select the driver configuration option thee. This will show the configuration for the driver being used.

The "Update cached metadata to device" is for calibre's use. It updates a file in the root directory of the device to help calibre match the books on the device to the library. The device does not use it.

Thanks davidfor, that was what I was missing
tamarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:41 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachem40 View Post
J'ai un message d'erreur récent en connectant ma liseuse à Calibre/windows. Quelqu'un peut-il m'aider ?

calibre, version 5.5.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication avec le périphérique

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 542, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 971, in sync_booklists
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2457, in update_device_database_collections
File "calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 3043, in check_for_bookshelf
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
This means that the database on the device is corrupt. Unless you have a recent backup to restore, you will need to fix it by signing out of the Kobo account on the device and then back in. This will generate a new database. Unfortunately, you will lose the reading status and annotations of your sideloaded books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote