Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Godzirra
Edge User

"Enable cookies"

Every time I try to log in to the Entourage Website I get an screen on my Edge browser telling me to "enable cookies". When I look at the browser setting, the cookies are already enabled. Does anyone know what's causing this, or how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Bob

Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

It could be an "old" cookie is interfering. Hit the "Menu" button, then "More", then "Settings", then the following: "Clear cache", "Clear history", "Clear all cookie data". At that point I would shutdown the eDGe (press and hold the "Rotate" button") and restart, as rebooting seems to cure many a problem

Advert
Old 09-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
Godzirra
Edge User

No such luck.. I had tried clearing everything, I have even tried both browser modes, and I have reset it to default settings, yet nothing seems to put it back the way it was when I was first able to log on to the Entourage website. (which is the only site giving me this "enable cookies" problem.)

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

Yup - email techsupport@entourageedge.com You may not get a response until Monday, though.

Meanwhile, out of curiosity, did you register your enTourage eDGe with the same email and password as your www.entourageedge.com web account? I suspect the answer is (must be?) yes.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
Godzirra
Edge User

Yup I registered with the same email, and even had them resend a password just in case I was getting it wrong.. But it didn't help. I can log onto the account on my computer, just not on my edge.

Thanks anyway!

Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

Sorry I didn't think of this yesterday, but are you accessing the enTourage website using the default browser directly by URL, or are you going to Library - Store?

The latter may work better for you. I don't understand exactly how, but the enTourage website is configured to appear differently on your eDGe vs a desktop browser (for example, on your eDGe, the home screen shows 6 big buttons - completely different from what you see in a desktop browser).

Old 02-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
NiaTrue
Edge User

I've been having this very same, very annoying problem for nearly a month now. At first, it was just a curiosity because I didn't actually need the homepage. But now I need to access the store and can't load it. I've tried all of the suggestions above and nothing works. This is only a problem on the eDGe. I have no problem accessing the store from desktops. Sad to have to email tech support about this.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
Michealj
Edge User

[QUOTE=borisb;1582541]Yup - email techsupport@entourageedge.com You may not get a response until Monday, though.

They have extended their service hours to 7 days a week and 9 to 9. They have been adding support technicians. I have been working with them on a couple of issues and their response to e-mail questions has been outstanding. The Q&A and suggestions were right on target to help me. I've been impressed and wanted to pass along my thoughts.

Regards,

Micheal

Old 02-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #9
borisb
Edge User

Thanks for confirming that. I saw one post where the person received a response on a weekend but wasn't sure if that was an exception or the new rule. Expanding to 7 days, 9 to 9 is quite impressive.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #10
Michealj
Edge User

I'm guessing the sales of the PE are going quite well, not so sure about the EE. Payroll is about the only controllable expense a company has these days, so - expanding service is quite a commitment. AND a very positive one from my experience. It would be interesting to see some of the sales numbers. They might provide additional insight/guesses into issues rapid growth can cause, good or bad.

Regards,

Micheal

Old 02-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
NiaTrue
Edge User

I still can't log in to the enTourage homepage, despite clearing the cache (again), enabling cookies (again), and removing and replacing the battery (again). Tech support's best idea was that perhaps I wasn't connected to the Internet (yawn). What I can't figure out is why I have no problem logging into and accessing the forum from the eDGe. Shouldn't the homepage and the forum use the same cookies? Anybody else experiencing this?

Old 02-28-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
sarah11918
Edge User

I'm not experiencing what you're experiencing. The only comments I can think to make that might be remotely relevant, that might trigger something relevant in someone else's brain:

1. Cookies (I think) are a royal pain on the forums for me. (In general, on the computer, using Chrome on Mac OS X.) I can sometimes barely compose a response before I'm "logged out" (meaning that when I try to post a response, if it's been more than just a few minutes, I'll get the "you're not logged in" message. I use LastPass in Chrome and have this password set to auto-log in, and since there's a log in field on every page of the forum, my typical MO is to hit any page on the forum, let LastPass auto log me in, and then I can go where I wanted to go. When posting a response, fortunately the forum typically holds my post in memory so that when I hit the "you're not logged in" page, LastPass kicks in and auto-logs me in, then the forum is set to redirect to actually posting my message. I have lost a few messages, but usually they get through in this way.

2. I know I have a different password for the entourage main site than I do for the forums. My failing memory is vaguely recalling something about us needing to change passwords to the main site (our entourage account, not our forum accounts) because Entourage changed something on their end. So, I believe the two systems are different on some level, since they use different login accounts (which maybe a lot of ppl just have set to be the same thing), and may very likely work in different ways.

Those are the only two things I can possibly contribute, and maybe those points are related in some way to your issue.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #13
NiaTrue
Edge User

Thanks, Sarah. I reset my password for the main site and still couldn't log in to the homepage. So I tried another idea and installed Opera Mini, which let me log in to the homepage with the old password, not the new one I'd just set. Weird. Just weird.

I never have problems with the main site on my desktops.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #14
sarah11918
Edge User

Just fyi, loggging into the store from the main siteon the LastPass browser on the edge worked fine.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
NiaTrue
Edge User

Update: So tech support finally figured out a solution: re-registering the eDGe. Re-registering proved a bit tricky for me because my original password was not alphanumeric, but once I got over that hurdle by changing the password (which didn't prove simple), the registration process took a couple of seconds and the enTourage homepage loaded immediately. At one point, I was advised to backup all the content and reset the eDGe to factory settings, which I didn't do. Before any of you try that, try re-registering.