Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #1
CJHusVar
CJHusVar began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab
Author/Publisher/Series Info

All,

Is there a way to input "metadata" about Authors, Publishers and Series? I'd like to have a way to display a summary of a series as a whole or biographical data about an author.

Is there an existing function or plug-in that will allow this?
CJHusVar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHusVar View Post
All,

Is there a way to input "metadata" about Authors, Publishers and Series? I'd like to have a way to display a summary of a series as a whole or biographical data about an author.

Is there an existing function or plug-in that will allow this?
For large series, I simply make a (Index) Book and mark it a <theseries>[0]
(I commonly copy things like this from the Wiki on the topic. and past them into a 'new' book in the editor, then Save As and add it to my Library. I set the Author: <series Author> &Me
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2018, 10:59 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@CJHusVar - For Authors you could paste a URI link to the Author Link field in Manage Authors (right click an author name in Book Details panel or Tag browser to get to it). I have links to Evernote Notes which can contain more-or-less whatever I want - they have no formal structure.

There's no equivalent fields in the Manage Series or Manage Publishers lists.

For Series you could put a link into the first book of a series - either in a special Ids value, or in a dedicated HTML long text column; I would use the latter because I can
  • enter a value into the booklist cell via F2, Ids must be entered via Single Metadata Edit which I prefer to avoid;
  • the Ids list in Book Details doesn't get cluttered with links to places other than bookstores;
  • use the same method to link external material to custom columns such as Location, Illustrator, Narrator etc.
But I can't think of anything similar for Publisher.

Maybe a plugin could be developed that would provide the equivalent of the Author Link field for Series, Publisher and other 'entity-like' columns. It would probably have to add tables to the database, but IIRC there are already some plugins that do that.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-20-2018 at 02:26 AM. Reason: clarity
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote