Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-16-2018, 05:13 PM   #1
drkirk
drkirk began at the beginning.

Device: macbook pro 2016
coverting to mobi scrivener 3.0.2 Mac

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new author. In the the final stages of book development. Trying to convert my book to Mobi when I get the following info. An error somewhwere but not sure how to go about searching and fixing.

Any help would be appreciated

Kirk

Amazon kindlegen(MAC OSX) V2.9 build 1028-0897292
A command line e-book compiler
Copyright Amazon.com and its Affiliates 2014

Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Title "six-sided revised June 14"
Info(prcgen):I1047: Added metadata dc:Creator "Dr Kirk Slagel"
Info(prcgen):I1002: Parsing files 0000049
Info(prcgen):I1015: Building PRC file
Info(prcgen):I1006: Resolving hyperlinks
Warning(prcgen):W14001: Hyperlink not resolved: /private/var/folders/7r/ppbmytt51zn24l6y8nwhzy840000gn/T/EBOOK_TEMP/six-sided revised June 14 #2 mobi/contents.xhtml
Warning(prcgen):W14001: Hyperlink not resolved: /private/var/folders/7r/ppbmytt51zn24l6y8nwhzy840000gn/T/EBOOK_TEMP/six-sided revised June 14 #2 mobi/body.xhtml
Warning(prcgen):W14001: Hyperlink not resolved: /private/var/folders/7r/ppbmytt51zn24l6y8nwhzy840000gn/T/EBOOK_TEMP/six-sided revised June 14
Warning(prcgen):W14002: Some hyperlinks could not be resolved.
Info(prcgen):I1008: Resolving start reading location
Warning(prcgen):W14003: The start reading location could not be resolved.
Error(prcgen):E24010: Hyperlink not resolved in toc (One possible reason can be that the link points to a tag with style display:none):/private/var/folders/7r/ppbmytt51zn24l6y8nwhzy840000gn/T/EBOOK_TEMP/six-sided revised June 14 #2 mobi/body.xhtml#
Error(prcgen):E24001: The table of content could not be built.
Info(prcgen):I1016: Building enhanced PRC file
Info(prcgen):I1007: Resolving mediaidlinks
Info(prcgen):I1011: Writing mediaidlinks
Info(prcgen):I1009: Resolving guide items
Info(prcgen):I1038: MOBI file could not be generated because of errors!
drkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:51 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi drkirk and welcome to MobileRead.

You should post your question in our Calibre section from where you will get a quick answer
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2018, 11:51 PM   #3
drkirk

Where is that?
Old 06-17-2018, 02:35 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
You should post your question in our Calibre section from where you will get a quick answer
The Calibre section isn't the right place for the OP, since he used Scrivener and KindleGen. IMHO, the Workshop section would be a better fit.

@drkirk: There are syntax errors in the source files that Scrivener has generated.

Try the following:
  1. Export your book as an ePub book with Scrivener.
  2. Check it with the IDPF validator.
  3. Convert it to a .mobi file with Kindle Previewer.
If the IDPF validator reports errors, contact Scrivener support and send them a list of the errors and warnings.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
drkirk

ok, I'll check this out
Advert
Old 06-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
drkirk

FATAL OPS/body15.xhtml 71 12 Fatal Error while parsing file 'The element type "li" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</li>".'.

ERROR OPS/body15.xhtml - - Error while parsing file 'The element type "li" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</li>".'.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkirk View Post
FATAL OPS/body15.xhtml 71 12 Fatal Error while parsing file 'The element type "li" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</li>".'.

ERROR OPS/body15.xhtml - - Error while parsing file 'The element type "li" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</li>".'.
Unzip the epub and look at the source code in body15.xhtml, line 71. Most likely there's an isolated <li> tag or a missing </li> tag.
(It's also possible that one of the lines before line 71 is invalid.

If you have Calibre, add the epub file to the Calibre library, open it with Calibre Editor, click Run check and Try to correct all fixable errors automatically.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote