Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-15-2016, 07:42 PM   #121
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Different strokes for different folks.
Different things for different beings
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:56 PM   #122
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Different things for different beings
Tubemonkey is not a poet, and doesn't know it.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2016, 12:05 AM   #123
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
My solution, which isn't much of a solution, was to create for the webpage a bookmark labelled "Check Every Week," hoping that I don't forget to check like I do the rest of the bookmarks that I have similarly labelled.

The moral of the story may be for me not to make posts at 2 a.m. in the morning anymore.

I just thought of a great idea. Why don't we just get TubeMonkey to check the website frequently for new classical music giveaways and let him let the rest of us know when there are new ones? ha
Visual Ping would be a great way to deal with this. Just set it to check once a week, and it'll E-mail you whenever the page is changed. You can also set it to watch just specific parts of the page for changes. I'd suggest having it check the big banner section that the blue download button is on.

I use Visual Ping to let me know when IndieGala has videogame bundles I want on Happy Hour. That way I can buy the bundle and get two copies for the same price as one.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:14 AM   #124
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Visual Ping would be a great way to deal with this. Just set it to check once a week, and it'll E-mail you whenever the page is changed. You can also set it to watch just specific parts of the page for changes. I'd suggest having it check the big banner section that the blue download button is on.

I use Visual Ping to let me know when IndieGala has videogame bundles I want on Happy Hour. That way I can buy the bundle and get two copies for the same price as one.
Cool. I didn't know about that. I'll give it a try!
Old 02-16-2016, 04:37 AM   #125
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Tubemonkey is not a poet, and doesn't know it.
Well, if he is a poet, I do hope he's very careful around open flames while partaking of the standard drink of poets, Irish Whiskey.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #126
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:

Nice, I'll have to check this out for a few other things as well!
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:24 PM   #127
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
New freebies at Google Play; 17 free songs in their monthly Antenna sampler.
https://play.google.com/store/music/...000cda_antenna
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #128
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
New freebies at Google Play; 17 free songs in their monthly Antenna sampler.
https://play.google.com/store/music/...000cda_antenna
Thanks for your post.

The musicians/bands are all . . . how shall I say this nicely . . . unknowns. I wouldn't mind hearing some of their music. Some of them may actually be good and will one day make it big. I just can't bring myself to listen to all of those bad ones in order to find the good ones. I'm sure that some people who monitor this thread are much more into the music scene than I am, and read reviews and get tips and things like that so that they know who to check into and try out. They may not be bothered by that issue and, in fact, may enjoy doing the exploration.

If you like what Google Play has to offer in their Antenna sampler, I would suggest that you use Manabi's tip about Visual Ping, which she wrote about several messages above. Looks like it would be a good way to be informed when they change the selection.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-16-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #129
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)(Explicit)(2CD) by Lin Manuel Miranda and various artists at Google Play for 99¢
library addict is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #130
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Cool. I didn't know about that. I'll give it a try!
I found it earlier this month when looking into solutions to monitor the Indiegala page I mentioned previously. Was totally blown away by how useful it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Well, if he is a poet, I do hope he's very careful around open flames while partaking of the standard drink of poets, Irish Whiskey.
So you're saying that if the tube(monkey) decides to lube with some boo-ze, he should avoid the fume-s becoming illume-d lest he go boom?

Quote:
Thanks for your post.

The musicians/bands are all . . . how shall I say this nicely . . . unknowns. I wouldn't mind hearing some of their music. Some of them may actually be good and will one day make it big. I just can't bring myself to listen to all of those bad ones in order to find the good ones. I'm sure that some people who monitor this thread are much more into the music scene than I am, and read reviews and get tips and things like that so that they know who to check into and try out. They may not be bothered by that issue and, in fact, may enjoy doing the exploration.

If you like what Google Play has to offer in their Antenna sampler, I would suggest that you use Manabi's tip about Visual Ping, which she wrote about several messages above. Looks like it would be a good way to be informed when they change the selection.
I've done the sampler thing a lot with free Christmas albums and it can be... taxing is probably the politest word I can think of. Sometimes I've gotten some real gems and found a new artist I like. Sometimes I get a track I really like, only to find that was apparently the only decent track that artist ever recorded. But often it's just total crap. My entire Christmas playlist is 11.5 days worth of music. But the smart playlist with just four & five star tracks is 8.5 days. (And it drops down to just 4.7 days with the smart playlist of only five-star tracks.) I've been building that list up for several years, but I think I'd have gone insane if I went through samplers and compilations more than a few months out of every year. (Usually just October - December.)

One thing to note on the Visual Ping site: you are limited to 62 checks a month on the free plan. This can be spread across multiple jobs, and works out to two pages checked once every day. If you're checking sites weekly, you could get even more mileage out of it. But if you need to check a lot of sites daily, you'll end up needing to subscribe. It's fairly reasonable, starting at five checks a day for $4 a month.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:12 AM   #131
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
So you're saying that if the tube(monkey) decides to lube with some boo-ze, he should avoid the fume-s becoming illume-d lest he go boom?
Well, look at him. He'd get soaked. He'd become a Monkeytov Cocktail...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:39 AM   #132
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
My ears are burning

FTR, this monkey drinks banana daiquiris
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 04:34 PM   #133
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I just learned that a company called Alexander Street offers a free classical music download of the week from their Classical Music Library.

The one at this moment is HectorBerlioz's Symphonie Fantastique. There are 5 tracks with a total time of about 53 minutes. It's available as an mp3 or wma4.

I had never heard of HectorBerlioz. But I downloaded the Symphonie and have been listening to it for the last few minutes. I must say, I am impressed with the compositions.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to be notified when there's a new download of the week, unless you are associated with some kind of institution. So you'll need to manually check the site each week if you're interested. Here's the download webpage.
To save you guys and gals the trouble checking the webpage for new music . . . . when I went to it just a few minutes ago, I found that it is not functioning. I got a page with an error message to that effect.

I've got a few ideas about what might have happened and why, but there's no point in sharing them. I'll keep checking the webpage. Maybe it will come back online. If not, I'll look around on the Alexander website to see if the webpage has been moved to another location, and let you guys know what I've found and/or found out.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #134
Manabi
Wizard

Quote:
To save you guys and gals the trouble checking the webpage for new music . . . . when I went to it just a few minutes ago, I found that it is not functioning. I got a page with an error message to that effect.

I've got a few ideas about what might have happened and why, but there's no point in sharing them. I'll keep checking the webpage. Maybe it will come back online. If not, I'll look around on the Alexander website to see if the webpage has been moved to another location, and let you guys know what I've found and/or found out.
I found it moved here. Given all that changed was /support-center/ to /page/ in the middle, this looks like they were fixing where it was placed on the site. (Also, it looks like even the support links are now /page/ instead of /support-center/, so they apparently redid links site-wide.)
Old 02-17-2016, 04:53 PM   #135
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I just saw this for M-Go

https://www.mgo.com/redeem
2FORYOU for a $2 credit on M-Go.

I think it expires April 1
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere