Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-07-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
anotherMike
anotherMike began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony digital paper
Does Sony Digital Paper DPT-S1 connect to an actual "network drive"?

Hello,

A friend of mine recently got a Sony DPT-S1 Digital Paper. I have been trying to assist him in connecting it to his system.

They manual says it can connect to a "network drive". But all of the listed example settings look more like they are for connecting to a cloud drive system such as dropbox. A "network drive" should mean something more like a NAS or a local file server.

Can this device connect to a NAS? Over standard SMB?

I have tried a variety of settings and ports, but the only error this device will provide is "can not connect".

If anyone has been able to connect one of these to a NAS, what protocols and ports work?

FYI, my friend has a buffalo TeraStation.

thanks

Mike
anotherMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:36 AM   #2
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
It uses WebDAV. You can install a server which provides WebDAV and it should work.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #3
anotherMike
anotherMike began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony digital paper
So, WebDAV is the *ONLY* method by which this device can connect?

Thank you for the clarification.

Mike
anotherMike is offline   Reply With Quote