Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-20-2018, 11:27 PM   #2881
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@meghane_e

There is a development feature in FFF called teststory that can be used to make an ebook from files on disk, but it wants all the chapter URLs (file:// in this case) to be configured in INI.

Last discussed in detail here.

That's the closest existing feature to what you seem to be asking for.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:39 PM   #2882
meghane_e
Connoisseur
meghane_e began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@meghane_e

There is a development feature in FFF called teststory that can be used to make an ebook from files on disk, but it wants all the chapter URLs (file:// in this case) to be configured in INI.

Last discussed in detail here.
Interesting, that's the adapter I've been reading through most frequently, but wasn't sure how to utilize it. I'll have to see if I can get it to work for me. Thank you!
meghane_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 04:02 PM   #2883
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted

2018-08-21
- Attempting to get password protected stories in FimF working again.

FimF has an unusual system where certain stories are further protected by a story-specific password.

FFF used to support this by prompting for entry of the password when needed.

Since then, FimF has changed to:
a) require user account login to even see the password prompt and;
b) save the fact that you've entered the story password before in your user account.

So this version of FFF logs in to FimF with your user/pass if they are given in personal.ini.

Then to download a password protected story, you need to have previously entered that password in the website with your account.

Probably issues:
- I don't know what page with the story password prompt looks like since I can't see it now. So I can't detect it and issue an appropriate error.
- I don't know how long FimF remembers that you've entered the password already.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:48 PM   #2884
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted.

2018-08-22
- Add latestonly option to mark_new_chapters feature to remove pre-existing (new) chpater marks on update and only mark chapters that are new in this update. Closes #330
Old 08-23-2018, 02:11 AM   #2885
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Connoisseur
Ser4nb2LUY6e began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro on Android
there seems to be a problem with some of the books at webnovel.com

e.g. https://www.webnovel.com/book/7669823706001105#contents is only downloading the first 108 chapters. I guess it has something to do with the book being split into Volume 1 and Volume 2.
Ser4nb2LUY6e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2018, 02:17 AM   #2886
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Connoisseur

And on novelall.com and lightnovelgate.com, there are some books where text in < > disappears, probably because it isn't always properly escaped on the site.

An example for that is https://www.novelall.com/novel/The-S...Black-Cat.html

This has been solved properly in the webnovel.com adapter IIRC.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:01 PM   #2887
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ser4nb2LUY6e View Post
there seems to be a problem with some of the books at webnovel.com

e.g. https://www.webnovel.com/book/7669823706001105#contents is only downloading the first 108 chapters. I guess it has something to do with the book being split into Volume 1 and Volume 2.
All of the Volume 2 chapters are behind the ad/pay wall and FFF doesn't bypass that anymore since the last time it changed.

If somebody wants to figure it out again, they're welcome, but I'm not planning to.

Quote:
And on novelall.com and lightnovelgate.com, there are some books where text in < > disappears, probably because it isn't always properly escaped on the site.

An example for that is https://www.novelall.com/novel/The-S...Black-Cat.html

This has been solved properly in the webnovel.com adapter IIRC.
Can you provide a specific chapter and passage demonstrating the issue? I've checked a half dozen chapters and haven't seen it.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #2888
Ser4nb2LUY6e
Connoisseur

Quote:
All of the Volume 2 chapters are behind the ad/pay wall.
Ah, sorry. Hadn't noticed that.

Quote:
Can you provide a specific chapter and passage demonstrating the issue? I've checked a half dozen chapters and haven't seen it.
https://www.novelall.com/chapter/The...2/1562493.html

Quote:
Since they are ranged-type enemies, they get priority.<br>
I shoot <Chain> at the archers.<br>
The chains plunge forward as if creeping along the ground.
Old 08-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #2889
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
https://www.novelall.com/chapter/The...2/1562493.html
Quote:
Since they are ranged-type enemies, they get priority.<br>
I shoot <Chain> at the archers.<br>
The chains plunge forward as if creeping along the ground.
I just checked using Chrome, Firefox and MSIE and they all treat <Chain> as an unknown tag and remove it from the output.

I don't necessarily think FFF is obligated to correct author/site errors that even the major browsers trip over...

FYI, the webnovel.com adapter is different because it retrieves the chapter texts from an ajax interface as json. Where you see it passing <text> is probably because it's coming into FFF as text, not HTML.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:53 AM   #2890
dsinger66
dsinger66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Browser connection vs Calibre connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The fact that your browser has internet has no bearing on whether calibre does.

The usual culprit is an overeager antivirus suite.
Hello there. I am posting this to try to be helpful, not to quibble. I would say that the fact that one's browser does have Internet access is relevant in trying to resolve an inability to access the Internet with Calibre. If I had no Internet access with my browser nor with Calibre, I would suspect my Internet is not functioning properly. Of course, I would check my router to be sure that the relevant lights are on (indicating a router connection), and I would try rebooting my router, followed by other steps (such as checking whether my ISP is temporarily down if I also did not have an email connection).

If I did have an Internet connection with my browser, but not with Calibre, I would know that my Internet connection itself is functioning, and would not need to worry about checking my Internet configuration. I would try restarting Calibre. Then I would check my firewall history to see whether Calibre was being blocked. And I would check my antivirus to see whether Calibre or any of its plugins are being identified as malware. And then I would check this forum.

I realize many people would take the same steps. But for anyone who struggles to deal with computer issues, it's worth knowing that you take a different approach to the problem if only one program cannot access the Internet, as contrasted to the approaches that would be taken if more than one program cannot access the Internet. To anyone who reads this: have a nice evening.
dsinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:37 PM   #2891
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2018-08-27
- Tweak mobi output--move TOC to end.
- Remove some CLI debug output (conflist).
- Improve CLI --save-cache, save on each fetch/post, fix a py2/py3 cross bug.
- Small fix for <> appearing in text format.
- Remove defunct site www.area52hkh.net
- Remove defunct site www.fiction.thebrokenworld.org
- Remove defunct site dramione.org
- Remove defunct site writing.whimsicalwanderings.net
- Remove defunct site www.destinysgateway.com
- Remove defunct site imrightbehindyou.com
- Remove defunct site nocturnal-light.net
- Remove defunct site national-library.net

The last time any of these removed sites worked for me was Dec 2017.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:30 PM   #2892
Kern
Kern began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lightbulb

Suggestions for sites to add:
https://www.deviantart.com - An English art site with a category for literature. Supports cover images and embedded images. Doesn't support chapters.

https://www.pixiv.net/novel/ - A Japanese art site with big section for fiction, currently hosts 10,000,000+ stories in total. There are browser add-on converters for it to txt, but nothing for epub. The editor supports embedding art from the site, and furigana/ruby (smaller text over text). Supports covers. R-18 stories require login.
Search example: https://www.pixiv.net/novel/search.p...g&word=english

Thanks a ton for this plugin, it's incredibly useful.
Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:09 AM   #2893
rishidiams
rishidiams began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
email error

I'm trying to set up FFF to check my email. I've selected a top-level folder - not Inbox, but one I've created for this purpose. Every time I tell FFF to get the story urls from my email, it gives me the following error:

calibre, version 3.29.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>error</b>:command SEARCH illegal in state AUTH, only allowed in states SELECTED

ETA: NEVERMIND! I fixed it. Apparently the top-level folder I'd selected wasn't top-level enough. It works perfectly now.

Last edited by rishidiams; 08-30-2018 at 11:00 AM. Reason: fixed problem
rishidiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #2894
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@rishidiams -

Glad you figured it out.

I am going to change the code a bit so the busy pointer goes away even in case of errors.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:03 PM   #2895
Ryune
Enthusiast
Ryune began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-950, IPhone, Oasis 2
Well fuck. Xenforo is borked again... They are doing a new appending of the indexes that collapses it down to 8 links. You can expand it by clicking on the ellipsis but FFF can't read it at the moment.

An example.

EDIT: also, Royal Road is now using links going to RoyalRoad.com instead of RoyalRoadL.com Adding an L to the link still works fine apparently but FFF doesn't see it as a valid link without the L.

Last edited by Ryune; 09-03-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Ryune is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction