Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-26-2018, 07:26 PM   #1
Snerk
Snerk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I would like the ability to store multiple PDFs in same book

Many of the books I store are actually either print and play games, or adventures for role playing games. These often come in several PDF files. Sometimes these can be combined into one PDF before adding to Calibre, but sometimes this is not an option.

For example I just downloaded the book One Page Dungeon Compendium 2017 and it has two PDFs. One is an optimized PDF for reading electronically and the other is a 300dpi version just for printing. I would like to store both of these under the same book but I cannot do that without changing the file extension of one of them.

I didn't see a forum just for feature requests. If there is some other way to make a request like this please let me know.
Snerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
Many of the books I store are actually either print and play games, or adventures for role playing games. These often come in several PDF files. Sometimes these can be combined into one PDF before adding to Calibre, but sometimes this is not an option.

For example I just downloaded the book One Page Dungeon Compendium 2017 and it has two PDFs. One is an optimized PDF for reading electronically and the other is a 300dpi version just for printing. I would like to store both of these under the same book but I cannot do that without changing the file extension of one of them.
One simple way would be to put the print version in a compressed archive. I suggest using the 7zip format, calibre can regard zips and rars as books or collections thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
I didn't see a forum just for feature requests. If there is some other way to make a request like this please let me know.
See calibre - Bugs

But don't get your hopes up, one file per format is baked into the bedrock of calibre.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:43 AM   #3
TheDreamer
TheDreamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle: Touch, Touch/3G, 8th Gen, Oasis
Hmm, I was just thinking whether this feature existed or if there was some way to achieve it.

I mainly use either my Kobo Aura One or my Onyx Boox Max Carta, I send the original PDF file as is to the latter. While I've been playing with k2pdfopt before sending to the former. But, wonder how best to manage both formats inside of Calibre.

The Dreamer
TheDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:48 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
you can merge most pdf's easily and for free via various online sites.
google pdf merge.
then send the merged book to your reader/ add it to your calibre library...
I have used this site, successfully. https://www.pdfmerge.com/
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
why dont change the extension to custom one,
pdf for view
and pdf for print will be renamed by another extension.
and made setting for the custom extension to open with pdf-viewer

or archive to zip for convenience.
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature_request, pdf and calibre