Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-31-2018, 10:34 AM   #211
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Goodwill currently has a bundle of 3 Nook Simple Touch ereaders available for a minimum bid of $10.99 ending on 4/3/2018.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/50873654

I bought a kobo ereader from goodwill for $6.99 however the shipping cost more than the reader. . . something to keep in mind. At least it's for a good cause.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:07 PM   #212
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
^^^^^^
I noiticed that one screen pic of the devices says "Glowlight." Of course, I can't confirm if in fact the bundle includes a glowlight but someone might want to contact the seller if interested.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #213
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon -- Select Customers Only -- exp 07 Sep @ 9 AM PT
Quote:
Exclusive offer: Fire TV Cube $119.99 $69.99 for a limited time with code FIRETVCUBE50 at checkout. Learn more.
Quote:
Exclusively for you: $50 off a Fire TV Cube

Limited-time offer

From September 3, 2018, at 9:00 AM (PT) through September 7, 2018, at 9:00 AM (PT), get $50 off a Fire TV Cube. To redeem this offer, add a Fire TV Cube to your cart and enter promo code FIRETVCUBE50 at checkout.
Terms and Conditions

Spoiler:
Quote:
This is a limited time offer.
Offer expires at 9:00 AM (PT) September, 7, 2018.
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or "sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC" on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible".
Offer does not apply to digital content.
Offer good while supplies last.
Shipping charges and taxes may apply to the full value of discounted and free promotional items.
Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
Offer limited to one per customer and account.
Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
Promotional code expires at 9:00 AM (PT) September, 7, 2018.
Promotional code only applies to Amazon Fire TV Cube.
The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $50 off the purchase price of an Amazon Fire TV Cube.
Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-04-2018 at 06:13 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #214
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Amazon -- Select Customers Only -- exp 07 Sep @ 9 AM PT
Bump -- Last Day
Old 09-07-2018, 01:50 AM   #215
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
SanDisk 8GB Clip Jam MP3 Players are on sale at B&H Photo. The regular price is $39.99 -- it's currently on sale for $29.99. The sale ends at 11:59 pm (EDT -- they're in New York City) on September 8th. Sorry for the short notice, I only just spotted it.

My son has one. I have no idea how it handles ebooks, but my son is happy with the way it handles music. It also sounds very good (with a decent set of headphones). It has a 1 inch monochrome screen, so it does not handle book covers or album art. It does play AAC files, the format Apple uses, so loading music via Itunes is pretty easy.

Here's the link for the black model:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...m_8gb_mp3.html

Blue, Green and Pink are also on sale.

It looks like Amazon may be matching this price, so it might be worthwhile checking there as well, if you're interested.

EDIT: There's a feature list for the Clip Jam and comparison with other Clip models <HERE>.

Last edited by cromag; 09-07-2018 at 02:16 AM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #216
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I've never had anything like an iPod. Is there a good reason to consider the Clip Jam instead of using a phone?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:30 PM   #217
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I've never had anything like an iPod. Is there a good reason to consider the Clip Jam instead of using a phone?
Size. The Clips are quite small and easily fit in the coin pocket of a pair of jeans.

I've been using my no-contract phones far more than my Clips lately. When the Clips give up the ghost, I won't be replacing them.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #218
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Monkey.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:06 PM   #219
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Size. The Clips are quite small and easily fit in the coin pocket of a pair of jeans.

I've been using my no-contract phones far more than my Clips lately. When the Clips give up the ghost, I won't be replacing them.
Size, battery life, and the clip itself. I love being able to just clip the little thing to my clothing--I don't always have a pocket to hold my phone. Also, I don't want to drain the phone battery.

The last model I had was a Clip Sport, not a Clip Jam, then I switched to an AGPTek clip, which is a somewhat cheaper clone that has Bluetooth.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:09 PM   #220
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Size, battery life, and the clip itself. I love being able to just clip the little thing to my clothing--I don't always have a pocket to hold my phone. Also, I don't want to drain the phone battery.

The last model I had was a Clip Sport, not a Clip Jam, then I switched to an AGPTek clip, which is a somewhat cheaper clone that has Bluetooth.
Hey, just out of curiosity: how is your AGPTek holding out? My clip broke off, but other than that it's been great.
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:48 PM   #221
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Thanks Catlady!
Old 09-09-2018, 09:39 AM   #222
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Hey, just out of curiosity: how is your AGPTek holding out? My clip broke off, but other than that it's been great.
S
It's holding up great, and I use it pretty much every day. The clip is fine. I think there may be some drop-off in battery life, but it's still excellent. I'm happy with it and would certainly buy another when it dies.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 11:36 AM   #223
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Sandisk Ultra 128GB Micro SDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter - $21.95
https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Ultra.../dp/B073JYC4XM

(I have placed this here because it is a part of an eBook Reader or a Media Player. It wasn't that long ago that $1 per gig was a good deal!)
Old 11-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #224
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Sandisk Ultra 128GB Micro SDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter - $21.95
https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Ultra.../dp/B073JYC4XM

(I have placed this here because it is a part of an eBook Reader or a Media Player. It wasn't that long ago that $1 per gig was a good deal!)
My bad. Sorry for the confusion. I forgot to place a Black Friday notice here. This thread is supposed to be closed until 01 Jan.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:59 PM   #225
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Late Notice

Please post all deals in the Black Friday 2018 thread until 01 Jan 2019.

thanks, tm