Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
latem
latem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2G
Calibre - editing mobi metadata only through conversion

I have a mobi file that is half Japanese, half English as it is a Japanese learning book. The book is unfortunately encoded as an English book. I am trying to change the metadata for the language to Japanese so that I could use a Japanese Instant Lookup dictionary.

I have tried using Calibre to change the language, and send it to my Kindle PW2, but it still brings up the English dictionary (although it highlights the Japanese words correctly, not just single characters at a time).

After setting the language to Japanese, then converting the mobi to... mobi, my Kindle then uses the Japanese dictionary, but the word selection messes up. It no longer selects the correct words automatically, but only individual (or 2) characters.

I've tried using MobiMetaEditor, and that didn't help at all either, the language stayed as English. I've search the forum and haven't found anything helpful that didn't apply to dictionaries themselves. If anyone could help me figure out what's going wrong here, it'd be greatly appreciated!
latem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
Try to unpack the mobi using KindleUnpack tool and change the language of resulting azw3 with MobiMetaEditor. I think you'll be surprised.
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #3
latem
latem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2G
I just tried that, and unfortunately my Kindle is seeing the book as English that way.
latem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #4
dimasic
Enthusiast
dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dimasic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 4NT
Then try to completely unpack the book, change language in opf and make the new mobi with kindlegen.
dimasic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, dictionary, japanese, language, metadata