Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo dictionary look up under FW 3.2.0

With FW 3.2.0 it seems, you can only go to the full page dictionary screen by selecting a word in the pop-up dictionary screen. The annoying thing is, that in the pop-up screen, there are no selection handles, and auto-selection does not work in Japanese, since the software does not recognize words and selects only one single character. That means, you can only see the full page dictionary, if you look up a one-character word.
Please give us a button to open the full screen dictionary.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
EndlessWaves
Zealot
EndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseEndlessWaves juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Aura HD
For me it's in the same place it was under 3.1.1, in the extras list on the main screen.
EndlessWaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Now I see that my first post is not very clear. By "full page dictionary screen" I meant the full screen that shows the lexical entry and its definition(s), rather than the dictionary search screen (I guess you are referring to this screen). Right, you can go from the dictionary search screen to the full page dictionary screen, but some dictionaries have no search screen (the Japanese dictionary is among them).

In previous versions, when you selected a word and the dictionary pop up window appeared, you could still go to the full page dictionary screen via the bottom menu. With 3.2.0 you cannot do this, or can you?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I fear that you are right. GeoffR posted about calling full page dictionary through long-press on the key word (or any other), but of course, you firstly need a match...
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, fw 3.2.0, japanese