Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-23-2022, 01:20 AM   #1
guyman
guyman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT2
Best cbz reader for Nook Simple Touch?

I have a nook simple touch I want to use for manga, but I’m having trouble finding a good cbz reader.

I tried Ebookdroid and it works after enabling caching pages, the render settings would not apply for more than one page and the touch controls weren’t assignable to regions (so the whole screen would go forward a page)

net.androidcomics.acv Is great, however it is a bit slow to change pages. Is there a way to improve the load time on page change?

I like koreader on my kindle basic 2014, but it doesn't work on android 2.1.

Perfect viewer apparently has a supported version, but I cannot find a link for such a version.

Anyone have an idea or suggestion?
guyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 12:37 PM   #2
nmyshkin
Enthusiast
nmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheesenmyshkin can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Simple Touch (2), Nook Simple Touch w/Glowlight (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyman View Post
Perfect viewer apparently has a supported version, but I cannot find a link for such a version.

Anyone have an idea or suggestion?
This, I think, is what you want. The poster sings the praises of Perfect Viewer for CBZ and provides the app also: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/p...r-nst.4068781/
nmyshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2022, 09:11 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmyshkin View Post
This, I think, is what you want. The poster sings the praises of Perfect Viewer for CBZ and provides the app also: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/p...r-nst.4068781/
I've only used it on Android Tablets, but I will say Perfect Viewer is the BEST CBZ reader on Android. I've been using Perfect Viewer since Android Gingerbread. It still receives updates.

There are a TON of options, so take some time setting it up. But once it is setup, you never have to touch the options again.

It's free with no ads. But if you like it, support the developer and get a paid version.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 10:03 PM   #4
guyman
guyman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmyshkin View Post
Thank you! That version of Perfect Viewer works perfectly and is much faster than ACV and has good scaling options!
guyman is offline   Reply With Quote